• 22(current)
New HiMedia Q5
The problem is that kodi with q5 auto-fresh rate not work, so playback have lot of stutter.

The only hope is:
"Since Android 5.0 there’s at least a way to set the preferred refresh-rate of the video output that could solve several of these problems."
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228144

But it's very hard that himedia upgrade box to android 5.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
I'd be happy enough if HiMedia gets 23.976 + 3D 1080p default working properly w/o ghosting issues. As it was with firmware 1.0.8 with the old UI (launcher).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-06-27, 16:01)hdmkv Wrote: I'd be happy enough if HiMedia gets 23.976 + 3D 1080p default working properly w/o ghosting issues. As it was with firmware 1.0.8 with the old UI (launcher).

Is it not now?
Unfortunately haven't had time to watch 3D movies to verify ghosting, but I was commenting on the basis of this thread at Futeko.
My HT
Ah i see
Hallo guys,

just a quick question... how do you serve your media over LAN?
SMB / CiFS with Password doesnt work with the wrapper... same goes for NFS.

I tried UPNP but then realized KODI wasnt able to add UPNP to the database.....

Any ideas / hints?

TiA,

TheCooK
Projector: Sony VPL HW40-ES -
AMP: Pioneer SC-1224-K
Speaker: Jamo S 628 HCS
Player: HiMedia Player Q5 4K3D

there is a tips but it's not a good way:
- turn on q5
- navigate with media center(himedia) to folder with password (this mount folder into system), one time.
- than open all file you want with kodi (himediawrapper), now work.

YOU MUST DO EVERY TIME YOU TURN ON Q5.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
Thanks looun!

i think i might go with the no password option then... Tried it and it works... now the Firewall is the last line of defense... Confused
Projector: Sony VPL HW40-ES -
AMP: Pioneer SC-1224-K
Speaker: Jamo S 628 HCS
Player: HiMedia Player Q5 4K3D

(2015-07-01, 19:03)TheCooK Wrote: Thanks looun!

i think i might go with the no password option then... Tried it and it works... now the Firewall is the last line of defense... Confused

try this Big Grin
http://www.android-mediaplayer.de/index....hout-root/
(2015-03-12, 22:31)hdmkv Wrote: Appreciate your help, but did not work... my Q5 4K unit has slightly different internals than pic you posted above. No thermal pads, heatsink looks little different, plus a couple of other minor differences. Must be an older (or different) hardware revision. This is why HiMedia and other Chinese companies suck big time... not only is there a Q5, a Q5 II and a Q5 4K (also referred to as Q5 III or IV), but at least two different Q5 4K variants!!! Talk about confusing customers, forcing them to rely on forums like this to fend for themselves (with no official support), and with APK's and ZIP's littered on different sites to get the player to even work as advertised! HiMedia may just have a good player in whatever variant of Q5, but I'm already pissed at this company!

So, with the hardware version I have, the wrapper APK refuses to install no matter what I try, and manually adding the playercorefactory.xml file to Kodi does nothing. It breaks playback altogether, where neither Kodi's player nor the HiMedia player launched. Why? Because the XML references com.himedia.xbmcwrapper, which failed to install in the first place. The Dolby Atmos patch won't install either, probably due to hardware revision issue as well.

I had mistakenly double-ordered this player (2 different China sources, iandroidtvbox.com and niking-niking (ebay)). Should have the one from that ebay source next week. I'm already fretting what hardware revision it will turn out to be... this must be what it's like to play Russian Roulette lite. Maybe the only way ensure getting the proper Q5 version is Futeko via UK.

Update: About to toss in the towel on the Q5 unit I have, I stumbled upon a different himediaWrapper.apk on a Chinese forum. Had to used Google Translate. Figured why not and tried it, and it worked! HiMedia player now launches when playing videos from Kodi! The Dolby ATMOS patch is still a no-go, but this isn't a dealbreaker for me.

BTW, there are 3 different versions of the himediaWrapper APK. The version that worked for me is himediaWrapper_user.apk. Found it here.

Anyway, I can finally begin testing... will report back tomorrow!

Hi HDMKV,

I had the same problem as you, got Q5 off Amazon as well. When I use your link for the wrapper it does install, but when I try and play a movie it runs the wrapper but i get a spinning circle that never stops and move does not load. If I play with out Kodi everything works, so I assume i have set this up wrong or have another problem. Do you have any advice?

Thanks
There's a different wrapper APK for Chinese version boxes, but I've forgotten where I got it. It was on a Chinese forum & I had to use Google translate.
My HT
(2015-07-19, 03:29)wild nine Wrote: Hi HDMKV,

I had the same problem as you, got Q5 off Amazon as well. When I use your link for the wrapper it does install, but when I try and play a movie it runs the wrapper but i get a spinning circle that never stops and move does not load. If I play with out Kodi everything works, so I assume i have set this up wrong or have another problem. Do you have any advice?

Thanks

Try this

With local file you NOTneed wrapper, but you can play direct with Himediavideoplayer

<player name="HimediaVideoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.himedia.android.videoplayer</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
(2015-07-19, 03:36)hdmkv Wrote: There's a different wrapper APK for Chinese version boxes, but I've forgotten where I got it. It was on a Chinese forum & I had to use Google translate.

Yes I found your post for it. That wrapper did install (wrapper before that did not), but it does actually run when I was trying to play back in Blurry ISO (which did work using the normal Q5 media center).

Thanks
(2015-07-19, 07:29)looun Wrote:
(2015-07-19, 03:29)wild nine Wrote: Hi HDMKV,

Thanks

Try this

With local file you NOTneed wrapper, but you can play direct with Himediavideoplayer

<player name="HimediaVideoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.himedia.android.videoplayer</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>

Hi Looun,

I am playing files from Synology server, and yes both work with the normal Q5 player, but as it is the Chinese version, i prefer the Kodi interface.

Where is the file you are recommending to edit? Do people edit this directly on the Q5 or login remotely. I saw your link, I don't think I fully understand it and I have a Mac not PC.

Thanks

WN
Hello guys,

Just picked up this player and even with the firmware 1.0.9 im getting stuttering on 24p playback?

Also if i try to playback Dolby Atmos audio my AV Reviever is only recieving a stereo signal, i have changed the audio settings to raw and selected passthrough inside kodi.

DTS-HD is working as it should so im kond of stumped as to what to do.

Any suggestions?
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HiMedia Q53