• 41(current)
New HiMedia Q5
(2015-11-19, 15:34)Skank Wrote: Anyone tried Q5 with jarvis beta1?
Works just fine, any version of Kodi.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Why do need a sd?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Just to add mo space, these days u need more capacity than u think u do n u never know wen! :-D
(2015-11-22, 00:28)looun Wrote: Why do need a sd?

Just to add mo space, these days u need more capacity than u think u do n u never know wen! :-D
Can it play 3d files in mts format?
good news: Big Grin
Quote:Himedia Q5/Q10 has incredible picture quality, I expect this will always be better than Shield. The HiSilicon chipset is simply better for video than the Tegra in Shield. The Kodi wrapper solution is not perfect, but it works and it delivers excellent 3D + 7.1 HD-Audio now. Not probably in six months. Q5/Q10 are also still being worked on and firmware will continue to improve.

A bit on a tangent, but next year (not before March) I expect Himedia to release a new Q5, using the same hardware but reduced spec / reduced cost (no LCD, no SATA, different casing etc). It will use the same firmware. This new product will guarantee continued Q5 firmware development well into 2016 and beyond.

bad news: Undecided
Quote:>news about box with new HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 SOC? :-\ ..... with new Imprex 2.0 PQ engine Tongue

>Himedia told me that there will be new HiSilicon products but not soon. Based on past Himedia release schedules my best guess would be Chinese Hi3798C V200 hardware in June 2016 followed by International hardware September 2016.

maybe shield is only one real UHD player on 2016.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
(2015-11-25, 12:44)looun Wrote: good news: Big Grin
Quote:Himedia Q5/Q10 has incredible picture quality, I expect this will always be better than Shield. The HiSilicon chipset is simply better for video than the Tegra in Shield. The Kodi wrapper solution is not perfect, but it works and it delivers excellent 3D + 7.1 HD-Audio now. Not probably in six months. Q5/Q10 are also still being worked on and firmware will continue to improve.

A bit on a tangent, but next year (not before March) I expect Himedia to release a new Q5, using the same hardware but reduced spec / reduced cost (no LCD, no SATA, different casing etc). It will use the same firmware. This new product will guarantee continued Q5 firmware development well into 2016 and beyond.
But doesn't a wrapper around a non-Kodi player (particularly if that player is closed source) mean that you are at the mercy of HiMedia for Kodi updates. If they get bored or decide to concentrate on newer updates you don't have the option of installing your own Kodi builds (or those built by supporters of the platform)?

That's always my concern when closed source external player solutions are suggested, particularly as it goes against the whole point of Kodi and the Open Source movement.
(2015-11-25, 13:13)noggin Wrote:
(2015-11-25, 12:44)looun Wrote: good news: Big Grin

But doesn't a wrapper around a non-Kodi player (particularly if that player is closed source) mean that you are at the mercy of HiMedia for Kodi updates. If they get bored or decide to concentrate on newer updates you don't have the option of installing your own Kodi builds (or those built by supporters of the platform)?

That's always my concern when closed source external player solutions are suggested, particularly as it goes against the whole point of Kodi and the Open Source movement.

quote 100%, but i want 3d, HD audio player and better picture quality.
I try zidoo ,but it's alpha box and with same way hack external player.
Shield now is only hardware work 90% good with kodi,but it's expensive (in EU) .
I wait wetek core 4k for second box for support kodi community.
For 3D, HD Audio (via PCM) and good picture quality the Raspberry Pi 2 is definitely worth considering. I'm really happy with the 3D performance of mine, as well as excellent Live/Recorded TV and playback of H264/MPEG2/VC-1 interlaced and progressive content. The only things missing are HEVC and DTS:X/Dolby Atmos, but I don't have HEVC in my collection and nor do I have an Atmos system.

Sure - there are boxes with snappier UIs - but I don't find the Raspberry Pi 2 unusable at all. The Chromebox is my preferred solution for non-3D content.
Hi guys! Been a while but I just had a question for you.
I've got a HiMedia Q5 (the European version) with the latest firmware
update (HMD-3.0.2 2015-11-05.105633) and I'm running Kodi v 14.
It's worked great for a good while but I think the new firmware
update may have caused the issue I'm having. It seems like when
I click 'enter' to play my movies and select the main title (my
files are all isos), it'll start the HiMedia Player for a
moment then it fails to launch and kicks me back to Kodi. Sometimes,
it doesn't even start the video player at all. I've tried restarting my q5 and
all that good stuff and it sometimes works but that's hit or miss. Have any of
you had this issue? The reason I stuck with Kodi v14 is because when
you back out of a movie, you don't have to press "Enter" again to exit
the HiMedia Player.
Haven't had this issue, but could be the HiMediaWrapper APK didn't apply properly.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-12-01, 22:08)hdmkv Wrote: Haven't had this issue, but could be the HiMediaWrapper APK didn't apply properly.

Hmm I didn't consider that. I'll try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it and see if that does the trick.
(2015-03-13, 03:00)hdmkv Wrote: Now, this is important... There are 2 variations of the Q5 4K (China market with Chinese UI & remote, and a EU/English version with a newer hardware revision & UI). The firmwares are also different. Also, don't confuse this player with the original Q5 and Q5 II. The best hardware version of the Q5 4K (English branded) are from EU suppliers like Futeko and at least niking-niking off eBay (where I got my 2nd/English version player). But, I'd verify with seller before pulling the trigger.

hi,

just to check, is this the european model your talking about?

http://www.lelong.com.my/himedia-q5-3-qu...Sale-I.htm

the specs look the same, and they even label the tas as Q5 3 which i thought meant the european model you were talking about. Or am i mistaken Rolleyes

i' rather buy closer to home, but not sure if it's the same variant that will work with the fuken firmware or not. sorry confusing x_x;
(2015-10-30, 19:32)looun Wrote: You can't use DVDPlayer(kodi) , you must use himediaplayervideo(wrapper) simple . Kodi NOT suppord Hisilicon SoC( nice to be have! ) .
Hisiliocn SoC have Image and Display Processing (Imprex Processing Engine),it need himedia app to work, it need special menu to set picture quality ... no way.

hi Looun,

so i heard that kodi apps don't work to well with the himediaplayer. and yet we got this other issue if we don't use it. Any suggestions for a setup to use kodi and it's apps, while playing using himediaplayer with wrapper?

Sorry newbie here Blush
DVDPlayer (kodi internal player) not work very well .
Kodi with external player himediaplayervideo work very good ,but you lost some kodi integration
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HiMedia Q53