Tronsmart First Octa Core TV Box - Draco AW80 Telos 4G/32G, Meta 2G/
The worst TV box ever !

1. From SPMC /TVMC /XBMC (either built-in or latest version) has no passthrough sound (means no DD/DTS 5.1 at all). Only stereo. Even from MX player only few videos can play DD/DTS 5.1 but with somehow stuttered video. On XBMC even with no audio passthrough, the video is stuttered as the resolution increased (SD->HD->FHD).
2. No preparation at all from the manufacturer as a TV box. It’s just an android mini PC with a very bad kernel that does not take advantage the HW. Builtin XBMC plays all videos stuttered.
3. No one (manufacturer/seller), interested to solve these very serious problems that void this piece of HW as a TV box. Even my older little-poor TV box (Tronsmart MK908) was a much descent TV box.
4. Fake antutu benchmarking.

I was flashed the latest rom I've found (the only one so far) and nothing was changed. Even the dpi was not set correctly. I had to increase it from 160 to 240.

I've purchased it from Geekbuying and I wrote this review to their site but they never publish it !!!
They allowed only 3 reviews with 5 stars to appear under this product!!! Consumers BEWARE!!!
Look at Vidon Box problems and you know what you get with a new Allwinner SoC.
Take a look at this.....

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/cat...raco-aw80/

you may find finless bob's love for this device to be your/our saving grace
is allwinner aw80 will work fine if working on linux directly (ubuntu for example) ?
I tried to install kodi on ubuntu tronsmart draco and don't work after compiling because of xrandr renderer...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tronsmart First Octa Core TV Box - Draco AW80 Telos 4G/32G, Meta 2G/0