need a recommendation for a prebuilt htpc
Hi guys,

Im in the market for a htpc. Building one is not an option. I want to get a prebuilt one. My needs are the following.

1. Capable of handling streams of full blu ray isos from a nas.
2. Capable of HD audio bit streaming.
3. Needs to have windows because I will be running batch files to use powerdvd for full blu ray menus. Also want windows for other internet browsing etc. I will not be doing any gaming on this system

I don't have a budget for this system and wouldn't mind spending more if the hardware is worth it. I want the system to be fast. I understand openelec is the fastest operating system for xbmc but its not an option because I want blu ray menu support. I appreciate your recommendations.
Intel nuc. You have to install the ram yourself but it is not a complete build.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Which model would fit my needs
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
There's also a Gigabyte Brix for around the same price as the 2820 NUC that is fanless. If you don't need the internal IR port from the NUC then it might be something to consider. However, both are excellent boxes that will do what you need. Basically, whatever's on sale right now :D
How about Zotac ZBOX-EI750?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need a recommendation for a prebuilt htpc0