Bug Building for Wayland broken
Debian Jessie 64 on Intel hardware (HD4000)
I pulled git master, was on this commit : eda7cc530f9770879a771252179fe4872b878ddf

But I saw the first error on google on posts dating back to 2011...

Code:
$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure --enable-wayland --enable-gles
$ make

RenderManager.cpp: In member function ‘int CXBMCRenderManager::AddVideoPicture(DVDVideoPicture&)’:
RenderManager.cpp:944:18: error: ‘class CLinuxRendererGLES’ has no member named ‘AddProcessor’
     m_pRenderer->AddProcessor(pic.vaapi, index);
                  ^
RenderManager.cpp:947:18: error: ‘class CLinuxRendererGLES’ has no member named ‘AddProcessor’
     m_pRenderer->AddProcessor(pic.vaapi, index);
                  ^
/home/doom/xbmc/Makefile.include:93: recipe for target 'RenderManager.o' failed
Code:
$ ./configure --enable-wayland --enable-gles --disable-vdpau --disable-vaapi
$ make

wayland/PointerProcessor.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void xbmc::PointerProcessor::Button(uint32_t, uint32_t, uint32_t, wl_pointer_button_state)’:
wayland/PointerProcessor.cpp:75:50: error: ‘ARRAY_SIZE’ was not declared in this scope
   size_t buttonTableSize = ARRAY_SIZE(buttonTable);
                                                  ^
../../Makefile.include:93: recipe for target 'wayland/PointerProcessor.o' failed
--disable-vaapi - we don't have that working with GLES
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
You can see on my log that I have also tried with --disable-vaapi and I get stuck on another error.
EDIT: I cut it in half so it is clearer
In short you are configuring / running a non supported configuration, that no one of us did before. We don't expect it to be working.

Patches are welcome. To fix that above compile error is quite easy and good as a start :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
gles is only for embedded like arm? why you compiling it for a intel HD4000? Im seriously confused by these configure mixes when you are on a regular x86 cpu/gpu.
He is using wayland and he wants to use GLES. This is a valid request and _will_ be the future, but we are not yet that far to provide a working solution in that direction.

Therefore every help is welcome.
(2014-11-01, 17:31)uNiversal Wrote: gles is only for embedded like arm? why you compiling it for a intel HD4000? Im seriously confused by these configure mixes when you are on a regular x86 cpu/gpu.

Code:
# Wayland requires the EGL "window system" which in turn only supports
# the OpenGL ES API, so enable gles support
use_gles=yes
(2014-11-01, 18:09)fritsch Wrote: He is using wayland and he wants to use GLES. This is a valid request and _will_ be the future, but we are not yet that far to provide a working solution in that direction.

Therefore every help is welcome.

This is wrong, see previous post. currently our EGL system only supports GLES. If it had support for OpenGL, it certainly would use OpenGL.
What exactly was wrong in my statement?
(2014-11-01, 18:31)fritsch Wrote: What exactly was wrong in my statement?

That GLES will be the future.

EDIT: and that we don't have anything in this direction of course. Currently we have Wayland ONLY with gles.
Yeah, I mixed up EGL, GLES, AFD and CDU and the other shortcut :-)
Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Building for Wayland broken0