Kodi - xbmc.python.pluginsource can no longer be called from RunScript?
Hi all,

I noticed that with recent changes on the Helix build it is no longer possible/allowed to run a pluginsource as a script.
This is a huge problem for addons like XBMB3C, PleXBMC etc. Those are plugins which can be initialized by skinners to fill the window properties.

Would it be possible to allow this again ?

Or do addon-builders have to add an extra extension to their addon.xml just to pypass this issue ?

This issue relates to this one where a merge is also requested to allow plugin.library to run as script.
PR5663. Will be added back and deprecated instead in future beta, so you are in no hurry to update addon.
(2014-11-09, 14:09)takoi Wrote: PR5663. Will be added back and deprecated instead in future beta, so you are in no hurry to update addon.

Thanks!
I hit this issue with one of my plugins and I'm just confirming that by adding an additional script extension RunScript will invoke that instead of the main plugin extension. So it's no big deal, and arguably it forces a better organisation of the code.

I made it backward compatible with Gotham by importing the script when the plugin extension is invoked by RunScript. See here

https://github.com/LS80/plugin.image.win...mit/a7d7f1
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
An update to the above...

Adding a script extension will make the plugin show up under programs as well, so I had to do this to make it work when run as a program

https://github.com/LS80/plugin.image.win...mit/c725cf

For the pluginsource extension we can specify an empty <provides> to hide it. Could that be made possible for the script extension as well? This is for the cases where you just want to add additional functionality to a plugin.
Another, albeit very minor, issue with multiple extension points - if you disable the add-on, it appears multiple times in the Disabled Add-ons section of the add-on browser (tested with a script with service and pluginsource extension points).

(2014-11-11, 09:41)Leopold Wrote: An update to the above...

Adding a script extension will make the plugin show up under programs as well, so I had to do this to make it work when run as a program

https://github.com/LS80/plugin.image.win...mit/c725cf

For the pluginsource extension we can specify an empty <provides> to hide it. Could that be made possible for the script extension as well? This is for the cases where you just want to add additional functionality to a plugin.

Perhaps have your additional extension point be xbmc.python.library, instead of script?
(2014-11-11, 23:51)Unfledged Wrote: Perhaps have your additional extension point be xbmc.python.library, instead of script?
Thanks a lot for this suggestion, it's exactly what I needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi - xbmc.python.pluginsource can no longer be called from RunScript?0