Hit one song, play whole album
So I think I spoke too soon and have taken a step backwards. Now I cannot get the next song to automatically play the next song in the folder regardless of how I select the song. Tired with the keyboard, mouse, and iPhone remote app.

I have properly checked "Play the next song automatically". I have tested with Library Mode both on and off. I tried both Confluence and Aeon. My library is set to update at start up.

(2015-01-26, 23:12)Starscream Wrote: So your installation do not use the database function.
Without it you are not able to play more than one song.
Set a source and scrape the content (for more information read the wiki).

I still don't understand what the database function does? Or do you mean library mode? It sounds like I have been in file view this whole time and used to be able to play the next song prior to my recent changes but now cannot. According to the Wiki "in Files View: After a track has been played, XBMC would automatically play the next track in the same folder." Sounds like I don't have to be in database mode to make this work.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
No problem. Once you have a music library you should have the remote app music sections filled, albums / artists / genres / etc. etc. If you start a song from that view then the whole album will be enqueued. This kind of behaviour is NOT AVAILABLE when you browse your music from the "file" remote app section.
So what exactly am I doing wrong with my music library? Should I delete the source and start over??

I have probably a hundred albums that are in the proper album/file structure. They all seem to be tagged properly with artist, year, etc. To open my my Library, I click on Music and it takes me to three folders - My music, Music add-ons, and Add Music. When I click on My Music, it takes me into a list of artists, and I can then drill down by album or song. I have always felt like that was another step I didn't need to do to get to My music. I don't have to take that step with TV shows or Movies. Do you think that has been my problem?

Ideally I would like my music to launch directly into the list of artists - from the home page. I don't use library mode very often because I like the artist list best.

Even though I thought I had this set up properly from the beginning, and it always played as expected, I'm guessing that there is something in the initial setup that is screwing me up.
Look ->
Yes!

I can now get the app to show the albums after hit I hit Music (before it was Music - tap the folder at the bottom - My Music). And it will now play the whole album! I'm guess this is because I had to scan a music library that yet I could play before as a source? Not getting that logic. Maybe I should just let that go and ask if I can display by Artist instead of by Album? I have close to 700 albums and drilling down by artist will always be better. I do know I can hit the Microphone icon at the bottom, but that will show an artist multiply times. I'm sure it is due to some tags that need to be cleaned up, But I love how clean the file structure of my music looks.

I think we are making progress. But it seems like any change in this program comes at a cost. I just noticed that will a song is playing, I cannot select a new song without actually stopping current song. When I try to select a song, either by mouse, keyboard or remote, the enter key just moves to the next song and doesn't select it. This is a new one to me. Did I trigger a setting that I'm not aware of?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hit one song, play whole album0