Unable to View Recording in RPi XBMC
So sorry to continue to have so many issues with XBMC on RPi, but I'm getting very frustrated and have no idea why I am unable to view a particular recording.

Last week, I recorded an OTA movie on my laptop. Today, I tried to watch it on my RPi, with no success. The "working" wheel spins for about a minute, then the background screen goes grey. It appears to be playing in the background, but I have no video or sound (just the playback controls).

I am able to watch this recording on XBMC (or SWMC) on the laptop, and I was able to watch a different recorded movie (from the same network folder) on the RPi, without issue, earlier this evening, so it don't believe it is a credentials issue.

I appreciate any advice you can provide.

XBMC: http://pastebin.com/srPgTB30
SWMC: http://pastebin.com/aprYFbp2
I think mjpeg format is broken currently for RPi. There is the same problem with OpenELEC.

Code:
21:52:13 T:2746991680  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: MJPEG (Motion JPEG)

Can you record your tv into another format?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2014-11-02, 07:42)lrusak Wrote: Can you record your tv into another format?

Thank you for your response. How do I change the recording format? I am using an HDHomerun Plus, so I don't select a transcode format.

I don't seem to have a problem with tv shows I record. Are they automatically a different format?
21:50:17 T:3038314496 NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-14-20140428/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc

Try switching to XBMC release instead of a Helix alpha
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2014-11-02, 07:42)lrusak Wrote: I think mjpeg format is broken currently for RPi. There is the same problem with OpenELEC.

MJPEG should be supported (but there are many variants of MJPEG around). Provide a sample file that doesn't play and I'll have a look.

@dschroed log didn't have debug enabled, and the build is from April, so make sure you are running the latest release.
Thank you all! I didn't realize I was using an old build, rather than a current stable version of XBMC. When I updated, it solved this issue. I can now playback the recording I was unable to play yesterday.

I learn something new about XBMC every day!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to View Recording in RPi XBMC0