Linux Message: "Video Stream is broken it is trying to play the video again"
Hi there,

not sure if this is an OpenElec or a XBMC problem:
I have been encountering a strange problem for the last three days. I did not install any addons in the past few weeks and no changes have been made to my installation that I am aware of.
I am running Openelec on an old Dell Inspiron 1520 I use to watch streams/docus during gaming.
Info:

Sometimes when XBMC is done playing a file via SMB (marking it as "watched") it replays the same file without any input from me.
Before replaying the file a small notification windows pops up:

"Video Stream is broken
it is trying to play the video again"

Repeat in the playlist settings is off.

More Infos in the log: (The file that was autorepeated here is "559 1207 - Kinder Karnevalsfotos, Bayern raus aus der Liga.mp4")

http://pastebin.com/VM8jwywr

Any ideas?

Regards

Sebert
For 1 disable vaapi acceleration you only have vdpau for you gpu.
The dimensions of that movie are quite unusual. Try that specific movie also with VDPAU disabled. Does it start to work?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Did that, plays like usual.
The weird repeat thing also happened with other files from other sources. Afaik h264 was always inside the various containers.

I will try if the disabled vaapi acceleration will change anything in the long run.

What bugs me the most is the fact that it suddenly started with no apparent reason why.

Thanks
Ok, I finally found the culprit:

Weeks ago I've played around with the AddOn IPTVExtra. It has been disabled since, and I uninstalled it yesterday in my attempt
to solve this problem. It also installed another AddOn IPTVExtra Autostart, which was meant to autostart problematic streams.
And this Addon started to identify alot of my SMB streams as 'broken' and restarted them.
I uninstalled the addon, everything should be fine now.

Thanks to @fritsch & @uNiversal for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Message: "Video Stream is broken it is trying to play the video again"0