projectm visualization help!!
First off let me apologize if I have posted in an incorrect manner. I have never joined a forum ever so this is all new to me. I have spent several days navigating in xbmc on my new qnap 269L trying to figure out why projectm will not run. I have explored xbmc 12.3 (frodo) all I know how to at this point and can not figure it out. Open GL and Waveform will open up just fine but projectM does nothing. My music plays and no visualization when I choose ProjectM. I find xmbc to be facinatiing and overwhelming as well. I consider myself a moderate beginner in most aspects of computing. I have come to the conclusion that this issue is not as simple as downloading a new "milkdrop" add on and installing it and POOF!! Please help...help me ob1 Kenobi you"re my only hope......hehe
Welcome to forums...

Yes, Qnap... They are the ones that can answer that, since their xbmc versions are modified and I doubt their doing its properly, and also 12.3 is severely outdated. AT best you should have 13.2 xbmc or newer Kodi. They depend on some layer in between xbmc and the hdmi and lord knows what crap opengl support for their gpus is enabled.

Officially Team Kodi does not provide binaries for qnap so its qnap responsibility to support their modified versions and fix issues such as that (in my opinion as a user)

Lets assume for a second that neither the ancient xbmc or the qnap modified binaries are a problem... The proper way to start would be with a full Debug log (wiki) on a pastebin.

No you cant download stuff like milkdrop and use that xbmc wouldn't support external ones anyway.
Thanks uNiversal. That explains alot. My buddy that has an older qnap thinks I can just download a new version of xbmc, I know it's not that easy. Its not the same as what you get on your PC. I have 13.2 on all my computers and those come with milkdrop not projectm. maybe I should have waited on the qnap with HDMI output until they worked all the bugs out of. I have noticed it doing a couple other buggy things too. whats your opinion on them.

Thanks Again!
I think they make half decent products (at quite expensive prices), but terrible awful support (in my experience), which is what you need from them. We cant really help you here and QNAP forums you probably get ignored totally as well.

Bottom line, your barking up wrong tree Wink.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
projectm visualization help!!0