• 7(current)
WIP reNox for Helix, renamed Mimic
(2014-12-26, 13:17)mexxenpsv Wrote: How can i make the backgrounds fully visible in the main menu like movies tvshows i want to see my backgrounds fully colored
reNox is no longer being developed. I renamed this skin Mimic and it is now available in the official repo. Mimic has a setting to turn off the fanart overlay on the home screen.
Thank you [THUMBS UP SIGN]
This skin is awsome, better than any other I tried on my Raspberry Pi.

I have noticed that using this skin the CPU usage is always at 100% (in idle).

With the default skin, and ohters (Confluence, Conq etc.) the CPU usage is between 20% and 30% (in idle).

Someone has noticed that too ?

Thank you in advance, and sorry for my poor english Smile
(2015-01-05, 17:52)0rtega Wrote: This skin is awsome, better than any other I tried on my Raspberry Pi.

I have noticed that using this skin the CPU usage is always at 100% (in idle).

With the default skin, and ohters (Confluence, Conq etc.) the CPU usage is between 20% and 30% (in idle).

Someone has noticed that too ?

Thank you in advance, and sorry for my poor english Smile
reNox is no longer being developed. Have you tried Mimic, and does it exhibit the same issues? Others have reported lag with Mimic and rpi, first I've heard of the cpu maxing out though.
Mimic is amazing fast and smooth
(2015-01-05, 22:33)bryanbrazil Wrote: reNox is no longer being developed. Have you tried Mimic, and does it exhibit the same issues? Others have reported lag with Mimic and rpi, first I've heard of the cpu maxing out though.

Sorry, I was talking about Mimic. I haven't tested or used the reNox skin.

I have installed OpenELEC with the default skin (Confluence) and tested other skins and also Mimic, and, in my opinion is the best of all Smile

I have noticed the CPU issue (always at 100%) when i examined the temperature of the CPU (over 62° celsius).

With the other skins, in idle, the temps are 10° less (about 51° ~ 53°).

I have also examined the "gauge" of cpu activity (the one near the Memory "gauge") -> "System Info" -> "Summary" and it was at 100%.

In your opinion is OpenELEC the problem ?

Thanks again for your kind answer.
(2015-01-05, 23:12)0rtega Wrote:
(2015-01-05, 22:33)bryanbrazil Wrote: reNox is no longer being developed. Have you tried Mimic, and does it exhibit the same issues? Others have reported lag with Mimic and rpi, first I've heard of the cpu maxing out though.

Sorry, I was talking about Mimic. I haven't tested or used the reNox skin.

I have installed OpenELEC with the default skin (Confluence) and tested other skins and also Mimic, and, in my opinion is the best of all Smile

I have noticed the CPU issue (always at 100%) when i examined the temperature of the CPU (over 62° celsius).

With the other skins, in idle, the temps are 10° less (about 51° ~ 53°).

I have also examined the "gauge" of cpu activity (the one near the Memory "gauge") -> "System Info" -> "Summary" and it was at 100%.

In your opinion is OpenELEC the problem ?

Thanks again for your kind answer.
I have 1-2% on idle with my i3 system. I recall once having a similar problem with Aeon Nox 5 on this same system. I removed the guisettings.xml file from the userdata folder and launched Kodi, forcing it to create a new file. Then changed the settings to my liking, checking after each one to make sure my cpu load stayed down. You can try this, just be sure to keep your old guisettings.xml just in case this doesn't help.
Thanks for the advice, I will try your method to solve the issue and will post the results.

Thank you again.

Edit: Just tested, but unfortunately it doesn't work...
If someone has my same issue, here how I solved for my Raspberry Pi + OpenELEC + Mimic:

System Settings -> Video Output -> Refresh Rate

The default "Refresh Rate" is 60.

Change "60" to "24" (or less).

Now the CPU is about 30%

I have this issue only with Mimic.
If I put 60 Refresh Rate whit the "Confluence" skin the CPU stays at about 25%-30% and the the framerate is about 30fps
If I put 60 Refresh Rate whit the "Mimic" skin the CPU stays at about 95%-100% and the framerate is FIXED at 60fps.
I think there is a bug (in OpenELEC or in the "Mimic" skin), the framerate doesn't scale down as the "Confluence" skin.
one of my favorite skins.

Question. I don't want LIST to be the default option, but instead BIG LIST or any other list viewing option. But when I make the change it always reverts back to list. Is there any way to make anything other than LIST view the default option?

Thanks so much.

Carlos
(2015-01-15, 16:07)mrpcpro Wrote: one of my favorite skins.

Question. I don't want LIST to be the default option, but instead BIG LIST or any other list viewing option. But when I make the change it always reverts back to list. Is there any way to make anything other than LIST view the default option?

Thanks so much.

Carlos

Not sure how well it will work, but you can try opening up MyVideoNav.xml. Change the default control in line 3 from 50 (List) to 507 (BigList).

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread as reNox is no more. All questions/comments regarding Mimic should go in the Mimic thread found here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210552
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reNox for Helix, renamed Mimic4