• 4(current)
WIP reNox for Helix, renamed Mimic
(2014-11-19, 02:52)handbone Wrote: Great job on the Aeon/refocus mashup. Working great. but of course one quick question. Is there a way to remove the background opacity when in views like Logo view. So the fanart is fully visible without the colored opacity in the front of it
Look in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml. Should be able to change the visibility to remove the background overlay from logo view. I can post the code when I'm back in front of a computer next week.
Hi,

great skin- I really love it! But is there a way to change all background images? I prefer a plain color look- photographs (like the film reel) are not my style. I changed the wallpaper for every entry, but I still see the film reel wallpaper scrolling through submenus. How can I change that?

Thanks again for this wonderful skin!
You need to go into Settings > General > Setup background images and select an image for any/all of the sections displayed.
Or replace default_bg.jpg in the skin's backgrounds folder.
looks very promising! Good job!
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
@bryanbrazil
Can you tell me which file I need to change top bar in series window?
I'm trying to add Next aired info there.
(2014-11-22, 14:00)schumi2004 Wrote: @bryanbrazil

Search for topbar in Includes.xml. Haven't looked at it lately, but I imagine you'd need to create a label and set the visibility to only display for tvshows.
This is excellent work. I've been messing with so many skins trying to find the right balance of simplicity whilst being aesthetically pleasing plus also offering PVR screens on Helix. This will definitely be my new default.

Of course I now follow that up with a query and a suggestion! In your screenshots you show the EPG screen showing the coloured genres but I do not have this, just the blue of the theme. Am I missing something?

Now for a request. Would it be possible to show either a paused icon or the word paused on the info panel when live TV is paused? I now its pretty obvious and it really is such a mild niggle but just doesn't seem quite right to me, I keep thinking something's frozen! Either that or a progress bar as in the movie info panel.

Thanks again for the effort on this.
Just one more point i've noticed tonight. When pressing OK in Live Tv view - the list of icons across the top of the screen for play, fast forward etc - the 'Up' icon isn't showing.
(2014-11-23, 00:39)TheYetiWakes Wrote: This is excellent work. I've been messing with so many skins trying to find the right balance of simplicity whilst being aesthetically pleasing plus also offering PVR screens on Helix. This will definitely be my new default.

Of course I now follow that up with a query and a suggestion! In your screenshots you show the EPG screen showing the coloured genres but I do not have this, just the blue of the theme. Am I missing something?

Now for a request. Would it be possible to show either a paused icon or the word paused on the info panel when live TV is paused? I now its pretty obvious and it really is such a mild niggle but just doesn't seem quite right to me, I keep thinking something's frozen! Either that or a progress bar as in the movie info panel.

(2014-11-23, 00:56)TheYetiWakes Wrote: Just one more point i've noticed tonight. When pressing OK in Live Tv view - the list of icons across the top of the screen for play, fast forward etc - the 'Up' icon isn't showing.

I wasn't able to get the EPG genre colors to work using the genre codes. I changed the EPG to use colors based on the genre name. You'll find the images in /media/pvr/genres. Just change the filenames to match your genres.

I use the NPVR backend with an HD Homerun tuner. I'm not able to pause Live TV, how are you able to do that? I'll take another look at adding the progress bar back to the Live TV osd.

I just checked and I get both the channel up and down player controls. Not sure why it isn't showing up on your system.
(2014-11-22, 20:23)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-11-22, 14:00)schumi2004 Wrote: @bryanbrazil

Search for topbar in Includes.xml. Haven't looked at it lately, but I imagine you'd need to create a label and set the visibility to only display for tvshows.

Found it, thanks.
(2014-11-23, 06:45)bryanbrazil Wrote: I wasn't able to get the EPG genre colors to work using the genre codes. I changed the EPG to use colors based on the genre name. You'll find the images in /media/pvr/genres. Just change the filenames to match your genres.

I use the NPVR backend with an HD Homerun tuner. I'm not able to pause Live TV, how are you able to do that? I'll take another look at adding the progress bar back to the Live TV osd.

I just checked and I get both the channel up and down player controls. Not sure why it isn't showing up on your system.

Thanks for the heads up on the genre colours, this makes sense. However, its still slightly problematic with this system. Sports genre works fine, change the filename and works great. But all my other genres are mixed - Leisure/Hobbies, News/Current Affairs, Movie/Drama etc asnd obviously I cannot use / in filenames. I'm missing something obvious on how to represent the forwardslash in the renamed EPG colours but everything i've tried has failed.

I'm using TVheadend on Linux 64 bit which provides a timeshift function for live tv pausing and seeking. This picks up the over the air Freesat EPG which is where the genres are coming from.
(2014-11-23, 06:45)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-11-23, 00:39)TheYetiWakes Wrote: This is excellent work. I've been messing with so many skins trying to find the right balance of simplicity whilst being aesthetically pleasing plus also offering PVR screens on Helix. This will definitely be my new default.

(2014-11-23, 00:56)TheYetiWakes Wrote: Just one more point i've noticed tonight. When pressing OK in Live Tv view - the list of icons across the top of the screen for play, fast forward etc - the 'Up' icon isn't showing.

I wasn't able to get the EPG genre colors to work using the genre codes. I changed the EPG to use colors based on the genre name. You'll find the images in /media/pvr/genres. Just change the filenames to match your genres.

I played with EPG genre colors also but can't get it to work. I have both numbers and name images in genre folder but they don't show up in reNox, nothing in debug log also.
I'm using TVHeadend.
I use NPVR and used to have a genre color xml that matched up their epg to Kodi. It got overwritten and I've had a hard time getting genre colors ever since. I've only been able to do it using the genre name, but that's not a very good solution due to the slashes in the genre names.

Try this...open up MyPVRGuide.xml and search for the following (it's in two places):

Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.Genre,pvr/genres/,.png]</texture>

Replace with:

Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.Property(GenreType),pvr/genres/,.png]</texture>

This assumes that your numbered genre color images are in the same folder... media/pvr/genres. Let me know if this works for you, I haven't been able to get this method to work with my setup.
(2014-11-23, 14:15)bryanbrazil Wrote: I use NPVR and used to have a genre color xml that matched up their epg to Kodi. It got overwritten and I've had a hard time getting genre colors ever since. I've only been able to do it using the genre name, but that's not a very good solution due to the slashes in the genre names.

Try this...open up MyPVRGuide.xml and search for the following (it's in two places):

Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.Genre,pvr/genres/,.png]</texture>

Replace with:

Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.Property(GenreType),pvr/genres/,.png]</texture>

This assumes that your numbered genre color images are in the same folder... media/pvr/genres. Let me know if this works for you, I haven't been able to get this method to work with my setup.

That works , thanks.(colors are from Aeon Nox LiveTV mod, need to find other ones that look better)

maybe you can also have a look for the channel numbers not being displayed properly
Only color difuse looks a bit wierd.

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reNox for Helix, renamed Mimic4