ServerWMC Remote Client VLC Playback
Is there a way to get the client version of ServerWMC to playback the stream with an external player like VLC?

It takes almost 3 minutes for a live HD stream to start playing on my XBMC setup at a remote location which is just too slow.
Something is very wrong with your system. Debug log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yeah, 3 minutes is crazy. Please include the serverwmc log too (see debug tab).

But to answer your question: there is no way to play with vlc instead of xbmc from the addon (not without a major rewrite anyway)..
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
What type of "remote location" are you using??
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Scenario A: I put in my LAN IP address and it loads very quickly

Scenario B: I put in my external IP address and it takes almost 3 minutes to start a stream

Log: http://pastebin.com/JvBJfEex
Scenario B. What sort of internet connection?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Wired Gbit

Server is on the same network as client and they are connected to the same router. However I will be moving the laptop client off the LAN eventually which is why I put in the external IP initially without testing the the LAN IP
If server is on the same network as client, it makes no sense to use the external IP. I am surprised it works at all, but I don't know the details of your network.

You started the thread talking about a remote location, now you seem to be saying it is all local on a GigE connection.

Confused.
Why would you be surprised that it works?
There should be no difference between using a LAN IP and External IP in terms of playback on a wired LAN connection(At least I have not run into problems with any other programs that use my external IP connected on the LAN).

I guess what I meant by remote location was using my external IP address in settings like I would have to do at a remote location.
What is your network setup? Generally at home people have:

I'net<->EXTIP(Router with NAT)INTIP<-->Lan subnet

But it sounds like you don't.
Fios 150/150 -- Fios Router -- DDWRT Router -- LAN Subnet

The DDWRT Router is connected to the server and client via 1 Gbit wired connection. The HDHR Prime is also connected to this router

So I am in a double NAT scenario but all ports are forwarded correctly

I dont experience any connectivity issues when using an external IP with something like an FTP server/client relationship on the LAN
Does the log show any slowdown or possible cause?
NAT port forwarding from the external (ie internet) side generally doesn't work from inside the NATed LAN.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerWMC Remote Client VLC Playback0