ATV2 resets itself when pulling trailers??
Hi all,

Just a small niggle..... but one I would love to sort out.....

Whenever I try to pull down a trailer from youtube, (It looks like its going to work,) the screen goes dark, and then...... Reset.

This used to work flawlessly, so I'm wondering if this is a youtube problem.... (I don't believe its geo related, as it just happens too often).
One may be lucky and it will pull down the trailer, but more often than not the Atv will just reset itself.

running 12.2 frodo. Hard wired, other than this, the Atv is working flawlessly.
HD connected with my content, all named correctly..... as I said, this used to work well, up until a couple of months ago, (I gave it some time before requesting help, as I thought there may have been a fix coming along).

Suggestions would be much appreciated chaps...

thanks
sadsack007...
What do you mean with pull down? (e.x. how to reproduce step by step).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Using the Atv2 Remote, long press on film of choice, list appears, view trailer..... (that's what I meant by "pull down")...
which skin are you using?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
The standard "Confluence" skin on all devices....

I've just tested on a win7 laptop, 64bit with 8gb and that is working perfectly...... within a couple of seconds various trailers are listed to peruse.

Now I have my ios devices all set up in exactly the same way as the win7 laptop, but it takes the Atv and ipad2 around 5 or 6 seconds before eventually the Atv will simply reset, or the Ipad will just crash back to ipad main screen.
So could this be a memory issue with ios devices?
The ipad2 has plenty of ram. I tried to find that trailer thingy on my ipad2 yesterday and didn't find it. I just highlighted a movie from my movie library and long pressed on that entry for bringing up the context menu. There is nothing for showing a trailer in there. Please post baby steps for me (just because i am a developer doesn't mean i know every feature of XBMC/Kodi...)
(2014-11-04, 11:37)Memphiz Wrote: The ipad2 has plenty of ram. I tried to find that trailer thingy on my ipad2 yesterday and didn't find it. I just highlighted a movie from my movie library and long pressed on that entry for bringing up the context menu. There is nothing for showing a trailer in there. Please post baby steps for me (just because i am a developer doesn't mean i know every feature of XBMC/Kodi...)

could be that the trailer button is hidden if the movie you have doesn't have a trailer scraped with it on import (also need the youtube plugin installed to be able to play it)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
bah ...
Yes, youtube plugin is installed.....

I'm wondering if it would be easier if I updated the Atv2 to "Gotham"......
I have read that it is slightly more stable than frodo...... and seeing as there are more updates coming out for the latest edition of xbmc I may end up getting left behind anyway..

If Atv2's were not so expensive I would get another just to update and compare.
Gotham is fine for atv2 as long as you are only using sd material (f.e. livetv with sd channels). For HD Content you should see the numeruous reports of crashing due to low memory. (means i don't recommend it for atv2)
Thanks Memphiz....

So stick with 12.2 for now or (actually my Atv2 crashes regularly after playing 720p or 1080 hd content... SD content seems to be fine though....) seem to get a lot of buffer problems..... then it will play for a short while (maybe 15 to 20 secs) then buffer again. (but it doesn't seem to happen on every piece of HD content.
Maybe it's in the way it's been encoded.... mp4's seem to be very good, but mkv's can be very hit or miss.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 resets itself when pulling trailers??0