Any and all problems related to Helix and possible runscript issues
feed parser is installed, in the addon.xml, imported in python script... and works fine in Gotham....

But in Helix, I always get
Code:
19:59:31 T:10164   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.module.feedparser has been installed.'
19:59:40 T:11184   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named feedparser
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "D:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master/pseudotv.py", line 36, in <module>
                                                import resources.lib.Overlay as Overlay
                                              File "D:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\Overlay.py", line 29, in <module>
                                                from EPGWindow import EPGWindow
                                              File "D:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\EPGWindow.py", line 27, in <module>
                                                from ChannelList import ChannelList
                                              File "D:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 25, in <module>
                                                import feedparser
                                            ImportError: No module named feedparser
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Post the complete log. You cut out right after the one useful line for debugging path problems!
(2014-11-04, 13:09)takoi Wrote: Post the complete log. You cut out right after the one useful line for debugging path problems!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=340595

thanks
according to the log you do not appear to import the module in addon.xml - are you sure ? (post it please).
(2014-11-04, 15:44)ironic_monkey Wrote: according to the log you do not appear to import the module in addon.xml - are you sure ? (post it please).

Its in there... the plugin works fine in gotham/frodo. When I installed the plugin in Helix, it properly found and downloaded the feedparser module.

https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...don.xml#L8
k. then takoi has some work to do Wink
It imports fine when running the two entry point defined in addon.xml: service.py and default.py. What fails is CPythonInvoker 5 that runs the unknown entry point "pseudotv.py". I'm guessing you're calling RunScript or something with the path to this this file and not the addon id.
(2014-11-04, 17:04)takoi Wrote: It imports fine when running the two entry point defined in addon.xml: service.py and default.py. What fails is CPythonInvoker 5 that runs the unknown entry point "pseudotv.py". I'm guessing you're calling RunScript or something with the path to this this file and not the addon id.

correct, I use Runscript...

https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...lt.py#L193

Is this not allowed anymore? I use Runscript in a number of places...

Thanks again.
It wasn't an intentional change to forbid it, so I don't know yet. When you run an addon, you get the decencies for that addon. When you run a standalone script, you get a standalone script with no decencies imported. Make sense?

What I don't get is why would you not just do:
import pseudotv
pseudotv.whatever()

instead of "xbmc.executebuiltin('RunScript("' + __cwd__ + '/pseudotv.py' + '")')"
(2014-11-04, 17:39)takoi Wrote: It wasn't an intentional change to forbid it, so I don't know yet. When you run an addon, you get the decencies for that addon. When you run a standalone script, you get a standalone script with no decencies imported. Make sense?

import pseudotv
pseudotv.whatever()

instead of "xbmc.executebuiltin('RunScript("' + __cwd__ + '/pseudotv.py' + '")')"

Do you think this will be fixed? I'm in no rush to add Helix support...

Thanks
(2014-11-04, 17:42)Lunatixz Wrote: Doesn't import trump everything including order of code and context?
Simply put: no. That being said, it's general a bad idea to put logic the global scope so that would matter. Sound dumb, but If you need to do stuff, make a function do_stuff and call it when stuff needs to be done! Don't use import for that
(2014-11-04, 18:28)takoi Wrote:
(2014-11-04, 17:42)Lunatixz Wrote: Doesn't import trump everything including order of code and context?
Simply put: no. That being said, it's general a bad idea to put logic the global scope so that would matter. Sound dumb, but If you need to do stuff, make a function do_stuff and call it when stuff needs to be done! Don't use import for that

Looks like it might get fixed...

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5593

I'll wait for the fix, then I'll add helix support. I'm not interested in rewriting parts of my plugin, if this is a temp workaround.

Thanks again Smile
(2014-11-04, 18:52)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-11-04, 18:28)takoi Wrote:

I'll wait for the fix, then I'll add helix support. I'm not interested in rewriting parts of my plugin, if this is a temp workaround.

Thanks again Smile

That's already in beta1
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-11-04, 18:53)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-11-04, 18:52)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-11-04, 18:28)takoi Wrote: Simply put: no. That being said, it's general a bad idea to put logic the global scope so that would matter. Sound dumb, but If you need to do stuff, make a function do_stuff and call it when stuff needs to be done! Don't use import for that

Thanks again Smile

That's already in beta1

ahh, so I guess it doesn't fix my problem...
(2014-11-04, 17:39)takoi Wrote: It wasn't an intentional change to forbid it, so I don't know yet. When you run an addon, you get the decencies for that addon. When you run a standalone script, you get a standalone script with no decencies imported. Make sense?

import pseudotv
pseudotv.whatever()

Since this might not get fixed... I'll make the changes...

I'll use your method, and remove the runscript... then call a function instead.

Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any and all problems related to Helix and possible runscript issues0