Android EPG is loaded from data base AND imported from clients
When my installation of Android XBMC using PVR IPTV Simple Client starts it loads the EPG data twice, first from the database and then from "clients." The sequence of start up messages are:
1.EPG Manager starting up
Loading channels from clients
2.Loading EPG from database
3.Importing EPG from clients

Is there a way to disable importing EPG from clients? Importing EPG from clients is very slow compared to loading EPG from the data base.
If you don't import from clients your database will get outdated. You can disable the database though from the settings.
(2014-11-05, 02:19)negge Wrote: If you don't import from clients your database will get outdated. You can disable the database though from the settings.

Thank you for your obvious response. Perhaps I don't understand what the intended benefit of "loading EPG from database" vs."importing EPG from clients" is.

Is the intent of "loading EPG from database" that it is relatively quick and allows users to start using LIVE TV Channels and EPG "quickly" at the risk of the EPG data being outdated? Then EPG data is imported from clients which takes much longer than loading from the database, but is guaranteed not to be outdated? Is that the intent or is it something else?
I believe that's the intent yes, though the option to disable the database completely was added because on many devices it's supposedly faster to read the EPG directly from the client than to do it from the database. The PVR functions should be available (as in you can access the TV menu item) before the EPG has loaded though so in either case it shouldn't be a big deal if it takes a while to import it.
Hope this helps
1) Go to System - Settings - Live TV - General - Enabled and uncheck.
2) If you want EPG to work again check again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG is loaded from data base AND imported from clients0