Android waiting for external storage
(2015-08-11, 19:43)rrain Wrote: I would suggest that before you re-install Kodi you completely uninstall it from your tv box

.............. unfortunately no success.

Please continue to pass on your ideas as i'm very grateful for this.
Shocked 
Hi, i wanted to know if someone had some success on this. After some logcat debugging, i found this on the messages:

D/Kodi ( 6945): External storage = /mnt/sdcard; state = unmounted

And i might think this is because of the way kodi checks for the path. I've changed the xbmc.data path in the xbmc_env.properties file located at the /sdcard folder, to:

xbmc.data=/data/kodi_data_files
xbmc.data=/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files
xbmc.data=/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files

But not success so far. Any ideasHuh?

Thanks.
This is a simple fix. I don't think you have to format your nand flash. The reason why you are getting this 'waiting for external storage' message is because your nand flash is 'unmounted' and Kodi is just looking for a storage device that does not seem to exist in it's system.

You need to go to 'Settings'->'Storage' and go to 'NAND FLASH', scroll a little lower and you may see a message saying to mount nand flash. Just simply click on it to mount it and that's it.
Hi,
I recently bought a Kogan Agora TV and was also having the same problem.

Even though I formatted the Micro SD card on a Win7 PC, the TV still wouldn't even detect the sd card. The way I got it to work was to use a USB sd card reader in another android device with ES File Explorer installed, and then erase the contents of the sd card (format), using this application instead. I also copied a couple of files to the sd card to test.

It may also work from ES File Explorer via the TV directly using the Unmount option which should open the storage settings area. This is the option I used to erase the content using another android device. You could also try using ES File Explorer from an android phone with the sd card installed to format the card.

On the TV Install ES File Explorer via the Google Play store. Open the application. I then re-inserted the sd card in the slot on the tv and it was detected immediately.

Now when you try to load Kodi or SPMC etc..., it will not get stuck at the "Waiting for external storage" screen.

Hope this helps and enjoy!

P.S. These Kogan TVs don't have any built in Internal Storage, as they need a Micro SD card to achieve this. Maybe the devices you are using also work this way.
Resolved.

just go to Android settings and in the memory section delete old devices even if they are not connected. there is no need to reset the device or delete the file manager.

Bye ti all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
waiting for external storage0