Starting XBMC with the Apple Remote not working on KODI
nah i have to find out whats wrong with the binary for you ... stay tuned.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Zokkel - thx for your help - this should get you going again:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
yup yup, pat on the shoulder
You did it. Works fine for me now.

I keep thinking I should buy myself a new HTPC. But if you guys keep solving my problems, this old machine will celebrate his 10th birthday one day :-)
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
thx for the feedback - pull request was merged - fix will be available as of next nightly
Yesterday I also tried beta 3. Can it be that this fix hasn't been rolled in beta 3?
If it should be, we have a problem. I'm still using your build from post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1834886
That's the only build where the remote works flawless for me.
That fix is in b3. What exactly is your issue now? (you can verify that the fix went in by starting the XBMCHelper manually from /Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Resources/Kodi/tools/darwin/runtime/XBMCHelper from the Terminal and ensure that there is no "illegal instruction" message).

The only difference between my testbuild (or nightlies) and betas is that betas are compiled in release mode. (but i made the changes for both - debug and release mode for XBMCHelper and i don't see why it shouldn't work the same).

So please to the test on the terminal and maybe also try a latest nightly (which is debug) to verify that its working there.
Hmm, my mistake.

When I installed beta 3 and run KODI, the remote works.
Exit KODI, restart with remote: OK. And then the remote lost all connection in KODI.
Reboot system: remote works again. exit and start KODI with remote: remote works just fine.

So I reacted a bit to soon I think: After a reboot of the system the remote works as it should be and everything works. (I didn't do that the last time)

Sorry for the trouble. All is fine
All sounds promising..

To confirm, in b3 does the remote both work a) with Kodi set to automatically start at login (eg. no timing or race condition) and/or b) with Kodi set to start with a press of the menu button (both initially and having exited Kodi back to the desktop)?

Kind of lost track tbh - I've certainly experienced each work at differing times - but not at the same time / installation! <fingers crossed>

Nb. my own personal interest is running on Yosemite.. however hopefully the same goes for all supported OSX versions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting XBMC with the Apple Remote not working on KODI0