Nexus 9 xbmc
Hi.

I have just bought a Nexus 9. It's a really great tablet.
I love to watch XBMC. But it isn't working on this tablet. I've downloaded the APK file and tried the x86 version and the normal one. It says:xbmc not compatible with your device neon. I think that is because this is the first device that runs Android 5.0 and has a 64 bits processor. Can you guys please help me because i love to watch xbmcBig Grin
You should help us - are you a developer by any chance? ^^
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Haha i wish i could. If i can i would help you. But is this a software problem?
Interesting the CPU info file does say neon

Is

Processor : NVIDIA Denver 1.0 rev 0 (aarch64)
processor : 0
processor : 1
Features : fp asimd aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32 wp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tlsi vfpv4 idiva idivt
CPU implementer : 0x4e
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0x000
CPU revision : 0

Hardware : Flounder

And cpuz reported kernel architecture aarch64 rather than my nexus 10 arm7l
Same problem here. New nexus and can't install xbmc. Please help.
XBMC/Kodi isn't packaged for 64bit ARM (aarch64) yet. You will have to wait.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I'd think 32 bit applications would still work, right? At least, that seems to be the case for Windows, Linux, OS X, and iOS. I wonder it's just getting hung up on the CPU check.
It's not the neon check that fails, it's the architecture one (arm7 vs aarch64).
I'll build a test version without the check ASAP to see if we can actually work on this platform without creating new android arch.
Okay.
Thank you very much Koying.
I thought it was just me , it is strange because on my nexus 5 it works fine but maybe because I'm running dev edition android l and 32bit CPU, thank you all who put an effort to fix this
Here is a test build with the checks removed: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk
Please test and report if anything is working Wink
Not good news. It's crashing on startup before reaching the main screen. There are no logs created and the only contents of the org.xbmc.kodi dir are the initial unpack stuff.
On my nexus 9 it loaded fine but built in player is not working and keyboard keys are missing, I can see the ui comes out but no letters , it seem to give update data base errors when mash up tried to update also. But I'm able to pass first boot up and navigate around
Conflicting results...
All: Please try first without installing addon garbage Wink
I've downloaded the apk file and installed it. It crashed directly after it was installed. Can't open it anymore. Same as member stuken

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus 9 xbmc0