Helix Beta 1 fullscreenradio window?
I'm trying to migrate a skin to Helix. There is a button control set for onclick ActivateWindow(625). That opens up a custom window in the skin for view selection.

According to the skin debug info, when that window is activated I am in "fullscreenradiio" window and the custom
window 625 I have is displayed but Kodi UI is locked up / needs to be killed from the OS. So I did a little digging in the source and I see that in WindowIDs.h it pops up as

#define WINDOW_FULLSCREEN_RADIO 10625 // virtual window for PVR radio specific keymaps with fallback to WINDOW_VISUALISATION

So I guess that is my problem. Not documented in
Window_IDs (wiki)
nor
Skin_migration_PVR_section_for_Helix_release (wiki)

or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

scott s.
The general approach is to use higher ids (1100-1200 for example) when adding custom windows. That way you won´t have id conflicts with "native" windows / dialogs.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2014-11-06, 03:08)phil65 Wrote: The general approach is to use higher ids (1100-1200 for example) when adding custom windows. That way you won´t have id conflicts with "native" windows / dialogs.

Thanks. Will take that advice. Still remains that I think the documentation doesn't reflect the source code.

scott s.
(2014-11-06, 23:51)scott967 Wrote:
(2014-11-06, 03:08)phil65 Wrote: The general approach is to use higher ids (1100-1200 for example) when adding custom windows. That way you won´t have id conflicts with "native" windows / dialogs.

Thanks. Will take that advice. Still remains that I think the documentation doesn't reflect the source code.

scott s.

i've added the 1100-1199 rage as 'reserved for skins' on the wiki page.
also added a note in the sourcecode:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/ca14...7f2d516329
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-11-06, 23:51)scott967 Wrote:

scott s.

you´re free to contribute. Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2014-11-07, 02:40)phil65 Wrote: you´re free to contribute. Wink

You're making the assumption that I know what I am doing. That's why I wanted confirmation that window id 10625/625 is reserved or allocated for "fullscreenradio". I have no idea what fullscreenradio is supposed to do, other than input devices I guess can use it for something.

I did try to make sense of PRs 5254 and 5327 but don't have enough knowledge of the keymap setup to go further. I couldn't figure out any requirement statement for the change. As an aside ISTM a dev should include documentation changes as part of a PR.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Helix Beta 1 fullscreenradio window?0