Intel Video Contrast Problem - Clipping Whites
I have now tried three different computers (all laptops)... different makes and models - two have Intel video, and one has AMD.

I hooked all of these up to a 2nd screen - a new BenQ W1070 DLP projector, through my Onkyo NR818 receiver

AMD laptop is 100% fine, video looks beautiful in all cases.

Both Intel laptops (HD3000 & HD4400) have a huge and same exact problem... massive light blooming (maybe WTW clipping?) in the bright areas of the screen.
... scenes with windows where light comes through, bright room lights (ceiling, walls, etc) and even light that reflects off people's faces end up white or yellow-white and shiny
... scenes where there are not bright white or yellow areas the contrast and colors look great.

I have done numerous searches over the past two months and found most people saying to turn off Adaptive Contrast and Power Savings. Both are off. I turns off ALL enhancements I could find in all menus. None of this helped at all.
I also tried a re hack someone posted saying that turned on FullRGB output... it did not help

I'm wondering if there is an EDID problem? I have read a lot about these but not sure how to fix if it is.

Anyone here know how to fix this issue?

thank you for the help!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
can anyone help?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Video Contrast Problem - Clipping Whites0