Can't install Kodi on my iPad 2 jailbreak IOS8.1
I get this error message every time I try to install Kodi on my jail broken ipad2 and iPad mini 2 IOS 8.1 :

"Executing Command: /usr/bin/dpkg -i "/var/mobile/Documents/org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_14.0-0~a4_iphoneos-arm.deb"

(Reading database ...
dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `io.pangu.loader' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
5286 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking org.xbmc.xbmc-ios (from .../org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_14.0-0~a4_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/mobile/Documents/org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_14.0-0~a4_iphoneos-arm.deb (--install):
failed in buffer_write(fd) (14, ret=-1): backend dpkg-deb during `./Applications/XBMC.app/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/errors.rsrc': No space left on device
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe: 13)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/mobile/Documents/org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_14.0-0~a4_iphoneos-arm.deb

Finished with Result Code: 256"

Any suggestion?
No space left on device. Check out the iOS FAQ (wiki), and it will list some common places where the ATV2 "collects dust" and which files are safe to delete.
Thanks for your reply. But actually there is more than 5 giga are free !
I don't know why this error is happening !!?
args you crosspostef Sad
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-11-06, 22:51)lizabelloo Wrote: Thanks for your reply. But actually there is more than 5 giga are free !
I don't know why this error is happening !!?

The 'No space left on the device' error is not talking about your main storage on the device. It is talking about your system partition which is ALOT smaller than your main 'storage' - i.e. it is not talking about the amount of space you have when you go into settings -> general -> about. You used to be able to see how much 'system space' you had left in Cydia, but they have removed that now. Best advice to find out would be iFile and navigating back from /var/mobile to /system and at the bottom it should say how much space is free (it will be a lot smaller than your device capacity). The issue is a bit complicated to solve and I found that it generally happened to me when the jailbreak went wrong (and left files over). The only real solution IMHO would be to do a clean restore (and apply backup) and jailbreak again.

I would presume you have a 16gb device? They also have the smallest system partitions (since its a % of your device capacity) so if you have a lot of apps (and I mean apps not tweaks, which are generally kb's) installed via Cydia you might struggle. I think my 16gb development phone had something silly like 400mb to play with (XBMC is around 50mb I believe). On my new 128gb iphone 6, I have 1.5gb system partition. I may be wrong in thinking XBMC/Kodi is installed on the system partition, but Cydia certainly uses that space during installation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't install Kodi on my iPad 2 jailbreak IOS8.10