• 16(current)
Sumvision Cyclone X4
thanks for the reply bobones, ive tried that on and it copied the recovery and it just loops on the minix logo, hangs on the minix logo powers down and comes back to the mini x logo, so I think that's beyond repair, thanks for the help.
@micky can you get it into recovery with the same SD but also pressing the reset button which you can get to through the hole in the bottom of the case nearest the SD slot?

How did you get into this state anyway?
(2015-01-30, 13:49)bobones Wrote: @TheOverseer - try it on SD if you're using USB. Needs a recovery.img on SD which does not check signatures.
I managed to flash it using TWRP, but only got a black screen. Reflashed to the previous ROM and everything is fine. Suppose it just doesnt work with the X4. I've seen other replys saying it breaks WiFi for other boxes, so no rush to try again.
(2015-01-30, 16:00)bobones Wrote: @micky can you get it into recovery with the same SD but also pressing the reset button which you can get to through the hole in the bottom of the case nearest the SD slot?

How did you get into this state anyway?

I went from the very first amlinux.ru tv110 to the latest by dropping the tar in backup and restarting and it ended up in this state.

yes I've tried holding the reset down with a pin and using an sd card prepared in bootmaker (running as admin) it says it has created the card, I then copied the contents of twrp.zip, put the sd into x4, held the reset button in and powered on, but still same. (get the minix logo, screen goes black, box reboots, mini x logo, forever looping.

I think its dead Big Grin

I will order another over the weekend.

thanks for the help.
I've got to say I've just about had it with this device... the openlec port by kerber seems nothing like real openelec. None of the expected config files are present, it doesn't seem to be running X11 so I can't create a custom xorg.conf. I don't know how to navigate the xbmc.ru site as it's in Russian even using chrome's translate function. I need to add a custom edid override because my onkyo receiver isn't advertising the correct info. I think I might have to send it back after all.

Edit: New version here: http://amlinux.ru/image/test/tv110/ uploaded on 31st Jan seems to fix my problem. Been running music and picture slideshows for 12 hours with no issues.
I'm pretty shure that it is possible to unbrick your device, as described here

I used a A-A usb cable and
the Amlogic USB-burning-tool

This works perfectly.
HI

I am trying to flash openelec to this box but the remote that came with it doesn't seem to have a menu button, any ideas?
I managed to flash it in the end but it never completed it just went to black screen and it stays on the red power button when I try to boot it up again. Is there some way of getting it back to stock android? cheers
(2015-01-15, 18:21)bobones Wrote: Give it one more try, but make sure you follow this to the letter. I am confused when you say original bootloader, because that has nothing to do with this procedure.

Download the "boot card maker.zip" file from my dropbox and extract to some folder on a PC. Go to that folder and run the bootcardmaker.exe program as administrator (right click). In the bootcard maker program select the SD device, check the format box and select the bootloader.bin file from the same folder and press Make. This is now a bootable SD card, but you still need to put something on it.

Download the TWRP.zip file from my drop box and extract the contents to the SD card. You should have TWRP recovery.img in the root of the SD and a folder which contains a TWRP backup of the original android firmware.

Insert the SD card into the device, unplug the power. using a pared down match or similar, press the reset button through the bottom of the case, make sure you can feel the click of the button and that it remains depressed and then apply the power cord while continuing to hold the reset button.

With any luck your box will spring into life and boot to the TWRP recovery on the SD card. From there you should be able to restore the back up on the card.

I have tried this a few times with the reset button, just to clarify there are two holes under the box and its the one nearest the sd card. I don't seem to be getting the clicking button sound you suggested in your post.
Got this reset now and it just booted straight into openelec, I am a bit wary.
So currently now the only way the box boots up is with the bootable SD card in it. Should I just leave the way it is or should I reset the box from scratch and try installing openelec on it again? Thanks
If you flash just the bootloader it should work without the card.

You can use the files here to do that (bootloader and TWRP recovery)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdj21h5h6xv4j...BNW9a?dl=0

Put them on SD card and type 'reboot recovery' from openelec command prompt (use PuTTY to logon) then use TWRP to flash the bootloader.zip package.
Anyone having freezing problems with the newer builds?

No matter the skin the device will randomly freeze, I have gone back to the first 5.0.0 build and freezing has stopped.
I haven't noticed any problem, but I haven't been using the latest builds for long and I just use the confluence skin. What build are you using and how long does it take to freeze? Does it freeze if you just leave the box idle or do you have to provoke it?

I have devel-20150202102254-r20576-gfb7e231 on one box and it has been up for 7 hours although it's not doing anything atm.
(2015-02-03, 15:52)bobones Wrote: If you flash just the bootloader it should work without the card.

You can use the files here to do that (bootloader and TWRP recovery)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdj21h5h6xv4j...BNW9a?dl=0

Put them on SD card and type 'reboot recovery' from openelec command prompt (use PuTTY to logon) then use TWRP to flash the bootloader.zip package.

Cheers, I will give that a go later.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sumvision Cyclone X42