• 32(current)
Sumvision Cyclone X4
Sorry Renniks, I don't know.

It isn't going to hurt to try it though.
(2015-09-23, 23:21)mazgup Wrote: Hi guys,

I successfully flashed OpenElec on to a regular Cyclone X4 when they were first released without any issues. Because of how successful it was as a Kodi box, I decided to buy another Cyclone to set up in another room. Without realising I received one of the new Sumvision Clyclone X4 Bluetooth editions. I tried the same flashing process, and it looks like I may have bricked my box.

I flashed OpenElec 5.0.0 via placing it on to a known working SD card, and pressing the menu button on the remote while applying power to the unit. The android screen appeared showing that it was installing an update, and then the LED stayed red with no video output. After around 30 minutes I removed power and restarted the box.

I have the same Box did you manage to know what openelec I shuld use to let it boot straight to this rather than go through menu all the time?
My box is standard just now, not rooted (dont know how)
Hi Guys,

My first venture into kodi and i purchased the Sumvision Cyclone X4 as a cheap deal on Amazon UK Black Friday deals.

Having had a quick scan through this thread most of it is discussing having kodi run when you switch it on and that all seems far too confusing for me so far. As a very beginner, I'm going to use the kodi that comes with it v14.2 Helix.

Do i need to update the version of kodi i have and is that easy to do? I've had a play around and there doesn't seem to be an option to update it. I have tried to install some builds/wizard things that i saw on a youtube and they don't seem to work as they should, and it definitely doesn't look like how kodi looks on those videos.

Thanks
You don't have to update it but you may as well. The cyclone 4 has a link to the Google play store. Search for kodi there and you can update it.
Thanks, didn't think of that Smile

Are there any places on here that recommend builds/wizards or does anyone recommend any?
Those things can be more trouble than they're worth. The most important kodi settings to me are 1. That you tick 'adjust refresh rate' under the video settings.(under playback in expert mode) That way movies will show much smoother than any other media app. 2. Choose on start/stop under this setting as 'always' causes problems ( for me anyway)
Be careful, I believe the cyclone firmware that comes pre loaded may be using some kind of modified version of Kodi to fix problems that occur with the play store version.

I successfully flashed OpenElec on to a regular Cyclone X4 when they were first released without any issues. Because of how successful it was as a Kodi box, I decided to buy another Cyclone to set up in another room. Without realising I received one of the new Sumvision Clyclone X4 Bluetooth editions. I tried the same flashing process, and it looks like I may have bricked my box.

I flashed OpenElec 5.0.0 via placing it on to a known working SD card, and pressing the menu button on the remote while applying power to the unit. The android screen appeared showing that it was installing an update, and then the LED stayed red with no video output. After around 30 minutes I removed power and restarted the box.

The box turns on with a blue LED as soon as it has power, but there is absolutely no video output via HDMI. I have checked my router and the box is not detected when connected via LAN.

I have tried to use the uboot with BootCardMaker.exe recovery procedure detailed for the regurlar X4, without any success. I have tried every combination of using the remote or recovery button on the unit with TWRP, OpenElec etc, but I always just have the blue LED showing and no video.

I have a feeling the uboot for this slightly newer box may be different from the original, so it is not allowing me to boot from an SD card. If this is a possibility, could somebody perhaps provide me with the Uboot for the newer Sumvision Cyclone X4 Bluetooth edition?

Otherwise, is there anything that can be done to recover this box?

Thanks in advance

Hello

Can some one help me with instructions on how to boot into recovery for the cyclone x4 bluetooth edition to be able to flash a zip or update. I tried the pressing the menu and powering up but that only got me into safe mode

Also if anyone can confirm if they have successfully rooted their bluetooth edition, if so would you be so kind to provide instructions

Thanks in advance
I have just bought a Sumvision Android TV Box Cyclone Android X4.
I haven't installed anything yet, just using the apps as they come installed.

Using Kodi, I am able to play music and videos.
The problem is that for videos with DTS or AC3 audio tracks, there is no sound.

When I play mp3 files or videos with MP3 audio tracks I can hear the audio fine.

I have the Sumvision device connected directly to a Panasonic TV with the HDMI cable.

I have tried different audio settings in Kodi, but no luck.

Any recommendations?
Anything I should do?
(2016-01-08, 04:44)diddy47 Wrote:

The box turns on with a blue LED as soon as it has power, but there is absolutely no video output via HDMI. I have checked my router and the box is not detected when connected via LAN.

I have tried to use the uboot with BootCardMaker.exe recovery procedure detailed for the regurlar X4, without any success. I have tried every combination of using the remote or recovery button on the unit with TWRP, OpenElec etc, but I always just have the blue LED showing and no video.

I have a feeling the uboot for this slightly newer box may be different from the original, so it is not allowing me to boot from an SD card. If this is a possibility, could somebody perhaps provide me with the Uboot for the newer Sumvision Cyclone X4 Bluetooth edition?

Otherwise, is there anything that can be done to recover this box?

Thanks in advance

Hello

Can some one help me with instructions on how to boot into recovery for the cyclone x4 bluetooth edition to be able to flash a zip or update. I tried the pressing the menu and powering up but that only got me into safe mode

Also if anyone can confirm if they have successfully rooted their bluetooth edition, if so would you be so kind to provide instructions

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I've just created an account on this forum to simply provide my experience with trying to flash the Sumvision Cyclone X4 Bluetooth edition.
! Do not do it!
I spent a lot of time searching this site and the freaktab one for info.
I've also read technical specs on the AMLogic S805 chip and u-boot code (http://openlinux.amlogic.com/wiki/index....oot_Loader), the Toshiba NAND chip (http://www.datasheet-pdf.com/PDF/TC58TEG...iba-910991)
From what I have found, the original Sumvision Cyclone X4 (non-bluetooth), it is possible to flash another ROM. This is commonly done from the micro-SD card using the recovery mode (pressing the menu button on the remote during power-on).
However, the bluetooth version does not permit flashing a new ROM.

I originally attempted to flash one of Kerber's ROMs from the xbmc.ru site. This did not go well. I bricked the device.
The flash failed and left the device in a state where the blue LED would be shown on power-on, and would remain lit constantly, but no output on the HDMI.
The system would not boot.
I could not get the system into recovery mode using the remote control.
I could not get the system to boot from a bootable micro-SD card.
I could not get the system to flash from the USB stick.
I could not flash any other ROM via the AML USB Burning tool (it would stop at 2% with ROM code errors).

I purchased a UART cable (USB to serial TTY) and took a look at the boot up process.
This is an extract of what I would see on the serial console during system boot:

Code:
FFFBF80;USB:3;SERIAL:4;STS:0;BOOT:0;INIT:0;READ:0;CHECK:FFFFBF80;BOOT:1;INIT:0;READ:0;CHECK:FFFFBF80;USB:3;SERIAL:4;STS:0;BOOT:0;INIT:0;READ:0;CHECK:FFFFBF80;BOOT:1;INIT:0;READ:0;CHECK:FFFFBF80;USB:3;SERIAL:4;STS:0;BOOT:0;INIT:0;READ:0;CHECK:FFFFBF80;BOOT:1;INIT:0;READ:0;CHECK:0;PASS:1;
no sdio debug board detected
TE : 555480794
BT : 14:12:19 Nov 17 2014
PMU:NONE
##### VDDEE voltage = 0x044c

CPU clock is 792MHz

DDR mode: 32 bit mode
DDR size: 1GB (auto)
DDR check: Pass!
DDR clock: 636MHz with 2T mode
DDR pll bypass: Disabled
DDR init use : 14848 us

HHH
SD_boot_type: 00000001
card_type: 00000001
0x0000009f
check SD_boot_type:0x1   card_type:0x1
Aml log : M8-R1024 TPL fail!

After much reading, I believe that the TPL is related to the secondary boot loader (X-loader?).
Essentially, the u-boot for the bluetooth edition is secured and (I believe) the relevant keys fused into the chip (there is a VDD power input pin on the board).
The chain of trust extends from the chip via u-boot through to the kernel and recovery images.
I think they are all signed.
This means that the system will not allow updates to u-boot unless the keys match.
The system will not boot a recovery image unless the keys match.

Therefore it is not possible to replace the bootloader.
It is not possible to use TWRP (or anything other than the stock recovery.img) to do any magic, as it also has to be signed.
It's not possible the boot from the micro-SD card as the u-boot.bin has to be signed.

To restore my bricked Sumvision Cyclone X4 Bluetooth device, I used the AMLogic USB Burning tool and the firmware image (.img file) from post 460 in this thread (thanks malibog007).
You don't need to do any magic other than plug a USB A-to-A cable from your PC into the the rear USB socket on the device.
If you've installed the included USB Burning Tool correctly, Windows will ping to say it's found it and it will be registered as "Connected" in the USB Burning Tool.
Just load the image file and click "Start".
This put the original firmware at v1.0.1.
I then had to load the USB stick image (contains v1.0.2 firmware) from post 444 in this thread (thanks malibog007).

I was then back at the start.

Best Regards,

Darryl
DISCLAIMER; TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK, IT WORKED FOR ME. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR BROKEN,UNSTABLE OR BRICKED DEVICES

Hello

I tried the root method for the Sumvision Cyclone Android X4. It worked

Using this zip https://www.copy.com/s/gTN8CaZUbo2m/Andr..._X8_V1.zip

To get the device into recovery I followed the slightly modified instructions from the official support page for the Sumvision Cyclone Android X4 and daemonium and Blandroid

1. place the zip file in the root directory of an sd card (make sure it's Fat32 formatted), insert in device
2. plug in the power cable and the keep pressing the menu button on the remote until you reach the recovery screen
3. choose install from sd card and select the zip

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...stominsing
Can someone supply me with the Stock Image for 'Cyclone Android X4 Bluetooth Edition' along with instructions on how to restore that image onto said device.

I am getting duplicate entries in the settings page (which is no biggie) but also experiencing video files cutting off before reaching the end, resuming them works but is a pain. I am regretting not having brought the non-bluetooth edition so I can use an alternate firmware - but the reviews I read where positive, should have delved deeper.

Thanks in advance
On the X4 what remote control or keyboard commands can be used to bring up the Android running app list / task switcher command? Are there any guides on using an external keyboard with Android and Kodi on the X4?

I've got fed up with the limitations of the supplied remote so have ordered a sumvision air mouse, any users have tips on getting it working most efficiently?

Thanks!
Be Aware new stock of the cyclonex4 non bluetooth has a new revision Board the the tv110 openelec images do not work on the new board i have found a working openelec rom that works on this new board but it doesnt recognise the ap6181 wifi module i am hoping to be sent a working rom soon .

To tell if you have the new stock without opening the box up just look at the bottom of the unit if there is a sticker saying sumvision x4 in black with coloured writing you can use the tv110 images.Smile

If the bottom of the unit has the sumvision printed on in white (no sticker) you have the new revision board.Undecided
hi all and sorry if this is a little of topic, i tried to read threw a bit of this thread but couldn't find the info i wanted. Can anyone tell me how you open the cyclone android x4 media box? thought there were screws under the rubber pads but there does appear to be any. is it just a click on and off type thing, i dont want to try and rip it apart and break it. thanks for any help cheers
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sumvision Cyclone X42