• 7(current)
Sumvision Cyclone X4
Hi Arel. I have read that you can access recovery on other AML boards by shorting a couple of pins on the NAND chip. but I am not sure about your board. Post a picture on Freaktab and ask for help there.

One other possibility is that with the white screen, OpenELEC has booted sufficiently to start the network and you may be able to connect to the box with SSH and issue a "reboot recovery". Plug an Ethernet cable into the box and see if you can ping the host "openelec" (SMB hostname). If so you may be able to connect with putty.
I have found a custom android ROM for the Cyclone X4 that works brilliantly.

The ROM is meant for the MXQ box, however as the hardware is the same I thought I would give it a shot. It installs no problem and runs smoother and is more stable than the stock firmware. It is also pre-rooted and the pre-installed XBMC 13.2 works properly with the AMLogic hardware acceration too.

I have tried everything I can try and everything is working spot on, however.....

YOU WILL NEED A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE ATTACHED OR BE USING AN AIR MOUSE AS THE SUPPLIED REMOTE NO LONGER WORKS WITH THIS ROM. ALSO IF YOU TURN OFF THE BOX YOU CAN NO LONGER TURN IT BACK ON USING THE REMOTE, YOU WILL NEED TO UNPLUG AND PLUG BACK IN!

There is a reboot application already installed however, so if you need to reboot, use that.

http://www.preupload.com/2014/12/mxq...k4-custom.html
Stringy, you just need to replace the /etc/remote.conf file with one from the original ROM

For the power on/off you just need to reflash the original bootloader.

Here is the original remote.conf file https://www.dropbox.com/s/zezg2i537ts35m....conf?dl=0

Install SSHDroid and logon as root. run "mount -oremount,rw /system" and then replace /etc/remote.conf with the original one and reboot

To install the original boot loader, download these files on the root of a FAT32 formatted micro SD (USB will not work) and run the update package from the SD. If you can't get into recovery you may need to install a reboot app.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdj21h5h6xv4j...BNW9a?dl=0

I am running Kerber's lastest OpenELEC 4.97.2 port with Kodi 14.0RC3+fixes - everything is working superbly and it is lightening fast compared to Android. Some users are even reporting perfect 24Hz playback (I dont' have a suitable TV)
http://xbmc.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=4587 (use Chrome and translate)
If I get time tomorrow I would love to test 24Hz playback but of course would need to learn how to install everything you just said!
OpenELEC 4.97.3 from Kerber has been released. It includes all the latest Kodi fixes and has working HEVC hardware accelerated decoding. http://amlinux.ru/image/4.97.3/
Flashed the latest version, copied your remote.conf into Configfiles share on the device and it is working like a champ.

Thank you very much bobones.
Does anyone have any ideas how to get a Logitech Harmony remote fully combatable with this?
Can't you just teach the Harmony the commands from the original remote and / or ask Logitech to add the device as when I checked it wasn't in the list yet?
@TheOverseer you can replace the remote.conf file with one from a device with more buttons and tell the harmony you've got that device

For example, I tell my harmony that I have a Matricom GBOX MX2 and use this remote.conf file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdr5t0f1zdi0p1....conf?dl=0

(This is for OpenELEC - for Android you may need to modify it slightly and change work_mode to 1, also need to root box to change it in Android)
Thanks Bobones. Box is already rooted - I tried to mess with the remote.conf to mirror the one I used on my SV Cyclone Android X2 (which I spoofed on my Harmony to be a Pivos Xios) but had no luck what so ever.

I'll try with what you've attached. Not sure what all the work_mode etcs all mean, but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again
Hi guys

I'm trying to put OpenElec 4.97.3 on my X4 but it states "E: failed to verify whole-file signature". I can get it into the system recovery mode and select apply update from Ext. It spots the sdcard and the zip file on it, but when I select it I get the error.

Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers

*UPDATE* Rebooted and tried it again with a different SDCard, loaded properly. Thanks.
*UPDATE #2* Now fighting with remote control. I have copied it the original file into //x4/Configfiles but it only partially works. I can get up/down/left/right but no OK/Return/Home or MENU. Anybody know of a key value source so that I can try other values?

Reading back through the posts, now have the remote working better. Thanks for the work you guys put into this.
First of all... I want to say thank you for all the people who have posted on this thread and how they have helped me get to where I am currently
Biggest thanks to @bobones

So.. my predicament.....

The Current setup...

Onkyo Amp - Sumvision Cyclone x4 player (805 chipset)

Flashed with the Openlec 4.97.3 Amlogic.arm

I have the device running... very well may I add - bar 2 issues
(I am not very versed ...so would need a blow by blow on how to do this)

The network speed is showing as only capable of 10/100 where I know the device is capable of 1000.
What do I do to get this addressed

Secondly... the Audio out on Kodi 14... is showing as only
Default (AML-M8AUDIO Analog) and is greyed out

I would like this back to HDMI (and output all audio as it comes to the Onkyo (which is where my HDMI is going into one of its many inputs)

I hope you guys can help...and surely then I will gladly do a dump/config rom whatever for anyone else so they can also use

Thanks again in advance.
Harv
@harvsingh device is not gigabit capable as far as I know, 100Mbps is more than fast enough anyway. Mine also says AML-M8AUDIO Analog but I am using HDMI and passthrough of Dolby Digital, DTS and AAC transcoded to AC3 to my amp works perfectly. Make sure you have "expert" setting enabled.
(2014-12-20, 15:37)stringy2010 Wrote: I have found a custom android ROM for the Cyclone X4 that works brilliantly.

The ROM is meant for the MXQ box, however as the hardware is the same I thought I would give it a shot. It installs no problem and runs smoother and is more stable than the stock firmware. It is also pre-rooted and the pre-installed XBMC 13.2 works properly with the AMLogic hardware acceration too.

I have tried everything I can try and everything is working spot on, however.....

YOU WILL NEED A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE ATTACHED OR BE USING AN AIR MOUSE AS THE SUPPLIED REMOTE NO LONGER WORKS WITH THIS ROM. ALSO IF YOU TURN OFF THE BOX YOU CAN NO LONGER TURN IT BACK ON USING THE REMOTE, YOU WILL NEED TO UNPLUG AND PLUG BACK IN!

There is a reboot application already installed however, so if you need to reboot, use that.

http://www.preupload.com/2014/12/mxq...k4-custom.html

After using this Rom did you find you had any issues with the power (in stanby mode) not allowing your TV or AV Amp to power up until you removed the power from the X4?

So if I use the power off button/ standby button and then try and power on my TV/AV Amp they will not turn on until i Power up the X4 (hope this is clear on what im trying to say)
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sumvision Cyclone X42