Aeon FireTV android apps
I know in confluence you can go to programs and view your android apps and launch them right from XBMC. Is this possible in Aeon? I spent an hour messing around and can not add the firetv apps such as netflix and watchespn. Any help?
Yes, this is possible. Go to System>Skin Settings>Setup the Aeon Nox main menu, Select Programs and make sure it is Enabled. Now when you go back to the home screen you should see PROGRAMS as an option, select it and go to Android Apps.
You can add individual apps to the main menu by using the "StartAndroidActivity" function.

Go to System > Appearance > Skin (Settings) > Custumizer (Main menu item customizer)

Then on the Main menu, select the item you want to add as a custom menu item and select it. If if has a red X on it, then select "disable" to enable it, then select "Choose Type".

Now select "Custom" and in the keyboard box type in:
StartAndroidActivity("your.app.apk")

So for example Netflix would be:
StartAndroidActivity("com.netflix.ninja") - which is for the new AFTV or Android TV Netflix app.

You can do this for either the main menu item or for sub-menu items.

You can also add "Android Apps" to the main menu by adding.

ActivateWindow(10001,"androidapp://source/apps/",return)

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
As the author of the script which provides the available shortcuts for the main and submenu's, I'd love to add support for selecting an Android app directly. I'm pretty sure I know what needs to be done, but without owning an Android device I can't actually test the code - if any Android users are interested in helping me develop and test such a function, please PM me (though be aware it'll be tomorrow evening at the earliest before I can respond Smile)
I've tried using this "StartAndroidActivity" on Aeon Nox skin. I tried typing: StartAndroidActivity("iheartradio") as the custom action but it does not work. It's listed as "iheartradio" under apps in system settings. I'm using this on Ouya SPMC. Also, I only have the option of using common shortcuts in the sub menu. I can't select playlists, programs or anything else. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, I tried just adding it as a favourite but when i go to the app under programs, android apps, it won't bring up the context menu. Thanks for your time.
You need the full package name of the activity you are trying to start. For "iHeartRadio", I think this is "com.clearchannel.iheartradio.controller". You can get this by searching for the app on the Google Play store - the URL should contain the package details.
I sideloaded a nice app on my Fire TV to find out the needed package names: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...nameviewer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon FireTV android apps0