Win Frame Drops All Builds After 28-Oct-2014
Updated to latest nightly 11/6 from 10/23. Noticed frame drops. Looked at cpu/info fps. No longer rock steady at 23.98 and was all over the place. Updated Nvidia driver. Adjusted some audio settings also to see if it helped and it didn't. Put settings back. Started installing nightlies working backwards. All of them dropped frames until I installed 14.0 Alpha 5 GIT:20141027. Then it was smooth as silk again, no problems. I then installed beta 1. Started frame dropping again. Reinstalled 20141027 and all is well. Whatever changes were made between the 10/27 release and the 11/2 release is where the problem is for me and maybe others.

This probably will not occur for most users but then perhaps it might? I used the exact same title for each install test, overwriting the previous. That title is a 3D MKV 4K 3840x2040 rip.

I will try to provide a debug log when time permits if needed. With the release of new beta, I thought it important to diagnose before it gets lost in the shuffle if it has indeed inherited a problem other testers did not observe.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
sounds like somebody broke the video clock on your setup. you want fernetmenta attention.
Log and which nvidia driver version did you install ?
I have created a fix for this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5679

thanks for reporting it
Thank you FernetMenta.
Will the fix be applied to a nightly so I can check it on my system?
I don't know what a pull is or how/when it's implemented?
Thanks again for your prompt attention : )
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Once a release manager has approved this change, it will show up in the nightlies.
Fresh installed 11/11 nightly to check if this has been addressed yet and problem remains so maybe it hasn't been added yet? If it has, the problem has not been sorted out.

Additional observations that may help:

(1) Although I used the same title before, I tried multiple titles this time and they all drop frames, 2D and 3D.

(2) My Samsung still flashes the refresh change from 60Hz to 24Hz when I start a title as it always has and should.

(3) Pressing keyboard Z shows 23.98 as it always has.
Pressing keyboard O shows S(refresh: 60.000 and this is clearly wrong as it should show S(refresh 24 as it always used to.
This occurs with Sync playback to display ON.

(4) Switching OFF Sync playback to display, there are no longer any frame drops on any titles. I have ALWAYS had this switch ON.
Turning it off also removes the bottom line of info 'S(refresh 24' after pressing O on the keyboard so confirming the refresh rate is impossible although pressing Z shows 23.98 and the Samsung switches to 24Hz.

I don't know if there are any other side effects when turning off Sync playback to display and only time will tell.
Reverting back yet again to the 10/28 nightly, all this goes away and everything functions perfectly.
I would upload the debug log I created except Program/add-ons/XBMC log uploader apparently has been removed from the list and maybe that's another problem?
There are a zillion errors in it and this is a fresh install no tweaks, no add-ons, no advanced.xml, confluence, etc. Just added a folder, didn't scan it in, played a title for 10 secs and shut it down.
Also notice in settings Peripheral devices is greyed out and can't get in for any CEC stuff.

Current status seems to be for Helix 14 Beta 3 so that seems to be the target.

scott s.
Installed Beta 3 and turned Sync playback to display back on.
Working great again!

Thanks you.

I also have this issue running very latest nightly 20/12 this has only turned up since biting the bullet and upgrading from Gotham. You say selecting Sync to display fixes this, but I never had to use that with my Gotham rc2 that I have been using for a while now. Win7 using nvidia 640gt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame Drops All Builds After 28-Oct-20140