Not the usual double Ep problem.......But I am displaying episodes twice.
Hi, I got episodes showing twice, the thing is, they are twice in the collection and I am trying to separate them using playlists or nodes. Maybe what I am trying to do is impossible. Anyways.

Here is the set up and problem -

HDD1 (my collection) contains:

\John Shows\Show - John\TVSHOWS FOLDERS
\John Shows\Shows - Both - John\TVSHOWS FOLDERS

HDD2 (my girls collection) contains:

\Mary\Shows - Mary\TVSHOWS FOLDERS
\Mary\Shows - Both - Mary\TVSHOWS FOLDERS

The folders "Shows - Both - Mary" and "Shows - Both - John" are the shows we have in common. Both folders contain exactly the same thing.

I am using SMB and loaded both folders in HDD1 as source "Shows - John" and both folders in HDD2 as source "Shows - Mary"

I then created a node and loaded it to MQ5's main menu:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="25" type="filter">
<label>Shows John</label>
<content>tvshows</content>
<match>one</match>
<icon>DefaultFolder.png</icon>
<rule field="path" operator="contains"><value>Shows - Both - John</value></rule>
<rule field="path" operator="contains"><value>Shows - John</value></rule>
</node>

Now when I choose the node and navigate to the episodes, each episode shows up twice. If I choose episode information, I see that one episode comes from the folder "Shows - Both - John" and the other comes from folder "Shows - Both - Mary". I don't understand why the files from folder "Shows - Both - Mary" show up under the "Shows John" node with the rules I've chosen.
I've also tried doing the same with playlists with the same results. Oddly enough, I have the same setup for our movies and so far everything seems to work fine there.

I also tried this set of rules to specifically remove Mary's files:

<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains"><value>John</value>
</rule>
<rule field="path" operator="contains"><value>Shows</value>
</rule>
<rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain"><value>Mary</value>
</rule>

No luck.

I also have a node created for all of Mary's shows with the same results.

I tried all this on a fresh/clean install loading only these sources/folders. Getting tired of erasing everything and starting everything over.

This may be a weird setup but it has its reasons. Firstly, we both want to have separate watched/unwatched status for our common shows. Secondly, I started out using different profiles for me and for her but the user change was really slow and sometimes the menus didn't load properly on user change.... Lastly, I am planning on making some nodes that would choose some files from both full collections, so having both collections loaded in one library seemed the way to go.

BTW, I am using Gotham 13.2.

I hope I put all the necessary info, if not, let me know what I missed. Any help will be appreciated, I am running out of hair to pull out!

Thanks for taking the time to read all this!
I'll keep trying to figure this out and if I do I'll update with what I did.
Desperately yours,
CSC

edit : Maybe I posted in the wrong forum, this might of been better in the general help and not in it's Linux subforum. If any OPs want to move this, feel free to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not the usual double Ep problem.......But I am displaying episodes twice.0