Navigating to addon - hotkey script
Hello everyone !
I am very new in XBMC and I was wondering if there is any chance someone can guide me on how to create a little script so I can open fast and remotely a video addon .
For example , I want to use mashup as video add on . There when I open mbox for example it has to cache 4000+ metafiles which takes way too long ( I am on raspberry pi ) .
I know one solution would be to disable metafiles but I don't like it .
So I was thinking if there would be a way to automate this process remotely , e.g. before I am going to sit in front of xbmc send a command to open mbox and this in turn do it s job ( cache metafiles ) .

Once again I have no experience so any guideline would be very appreciated .

Thank you in advance
You could make it run at startup:- http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Automatical...g_services

If you want to force it to refresh or don't know what state the RPi is in you could remotely ssh into it and reboot the whole thing.

I'm ashamed to say but I regularly remote reboot my RPi using SSH when it crashes or the interface becomes less responsive than my patience will stand for.
The shameful part is that most of the time I could easily take my hands away from my keyboard, reach across my desk and cold restart it but when you're on a coding binge a few keystrokes to achieve the same result seems like a better option.
(2014-11-09, 15:16)Toobs Wrote: I'm ashamed to say but I regularly remote reboot my RPi using SSH when it crashes or the interface becomes less responsive than my patience will stand for.
The shameful part is that most of the time I could easily take my hands away from my keyboard, reach across my desk and cold restart it but when you're on a coding binge a few keystrokes to achieve the same result seems like a better option.
Smile

The thing is that I have to navigate inside the addon . For example the youtube addon when launched gives a) explore youtube b) search 3 ) login . When you go a) explore youtube it gives more options .
Can I get reference for these options ? Or simulate keystrokes (e.g. 3 downs, 1 enter , 2 downs , enter)

Thanks for the reply !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navigating to addon - hotkey script0