Kodi Beta 1 bight areas of screen flicker on playback
(2015-01-12, 23:39)HomersDK Wrote: Hello
I also have this flickering issue in hardware decoding method. It started after upgrading to Kodi 14.0, but no luck after updating to 14.1 January 5th and now 14.1 January 12th releases.
I made a fresh clean install of Kodi from scratch and also a fresh clean install of the AMD drivers (14.12)
Tried the a11599 fix but no luck.
Using software decoding method fixed the problem.
Any help appreciated.

Other specs should be on signature.

Thx in advance.

Provide your Debug Log. Thanks in advance.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Works great for me!!! Smile

It was really annoying that strange flickering all around bright areas.

Great catch!

ZBOX AD12.
CPU: AMD E2-1800 APU
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7340. Drivers 14.10
Windows 7 64 bits
Hello

Here is the debug log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=394400
The flickering is visible especially on the The Simpsons episode I used to test. I jumped a couple of minutes in the video, where it was most visible (walls, balloons etc.)
But it's also visible on non animation/cartoon series.
Switching to software decoding helps the problem.

Thanks again
HTPC specs: AMD A8-6600K Quadcore 3.9-4.2GHz | GeForce GT1030 
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
This build fixed the flickering effect for my system as well! Radeon HD6450. Big Grin
Jan 12 test version of 14.1 is a beauty. Fixed the flicker on my AMD 7480.
Still no luck with latest test release.
Could it be something to do with the AMD Catalyst drivers? I tried to change some color settings in there, but I still get some flickering on certain videos.
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
Could be. There are some awful settings like skin tone "correction" and enhance while level, these just do harm. For every video option try to disable it or set to use video playback software settings. Only leave deinterlacing options on their default settings.
I tried to disable some settings in catalyst with no luck. Strange that it worked fine before version 14. So in my eyes it should be something in Kodi.
But ok, if I can use the software decoding without loosing smooth video, then I will try that.
Maybe it fixes itself on newer versions.
(2015-01-21, 13:24)a11599 Wrote: Could be. There are some awful settings like skin tone "correction" and enhance while level, these just do harm. For every video option try to disable it or set to use video playback software settings. Only leave deinterlacing options on their default settings.
Yes!!
I disabled the Dynamic Contrast under Video Quality in Catalyst and it worked. Apparently I missed that one, all the time I looked in there.
Thx for pointing me again in that direction.

Beside that, is it best to disable the defaults settings: Color Vibrance, Flesh Tone correction and Brither Whites?
yep disable all that crap
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Confirmed. Installing 14.1 test fixes most of the flashing/flickering, but the issue remained in some scenes (although not so bad that it was unwatchable like it had been under 14.0). Turning off all the AMD rubbish fixed the remaining issue.

In short, 14.1 is a necessary but not sufficient fix. You have to do as suggested above and fire up CCC and turn off all the AMD video enhancements.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Beta 1 bight areas of screen flicker on playback2