Req Volume step size setting
This makes a world of difference for the XBOX-ONE remote.

Thanks!
Works great. Thanks
(2015-04-05, 00:20)Roby77 Wrote: interested too, tried in windows but it doesn't work

checked the path and it's ok (copy/paste the path in windows explorer)

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<volume_up>RunScript("C:\Utenti\Roby\AppData\Roaming\kodi\userdata\volume.py", "up")</volume_up>
<volume_down>RunScript("C:\Utenti\Roby\AppData\Roaming\kodi\userdata\volume.py", "down")</volume_down>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

never get to work UndecidedUndecided
For those who got it working...........can you please tell me if you guys are using Kodi Helix in Windows?
Thank you very much to the OP who created this script.

I'm making a HTPC using Kodi 15.0 Isenguard with the Mimic skin. I had some trouble getting the script to work, but then changed the key assignment to F9 (volume down) and F10 (volume up), and mapped those keys to my remote control. This resolved the problem and it is working now:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <f9>RunScript("C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\volume.py", "down")</f9>
      <f10>RunScript("C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\volume.py", "up")</f10>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

("<username>" should be replaced with your Windows account)
I just managed to get this work on my iPad and it is a great improvement
I'm using it with swipe up and down gestures with 10x and I can use this gestures to change Kodi volume in a sensible way
Thanks dude.
I'm also using a script on the Pi, but theres a second delay, still think having it as an option in advansettings would be great, kodis about custimisation, theres been quite a few people saying the step size is way to low right now, this also eats into battery life. not a coder myself but this doesn't seem that hard to write in code?

motion to have user configurable step size....
i am not a pilot but i think it can't be to hard to land an a320 with one engine off ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
lol haha point taken Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
Thanks @zeffzeff for providing this useful script. I made some minor amendments to allow seperate values for up and down. Pasting here in case anyone's interested

chg_volume.py:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
import json, sys, xbmc

def chg_volume (vol, step):
    vol_min = 0
    vol_max = 100
    vol_lvl = vol + step
    # some sanity checks
    if vol_lvl > vol_max : vol_lvl = vol_max
    if vol_lvl < vol_min : vol_lvl = vol_min
    return vol_lvl;

step = int(sys.argv[1])

rpc = '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Application.GetProperties", "params": {"properties": ["volume"]}, "id": 1}'
vol = json.loads(xbmc.executeJSONRPC(rpc))["result"]["volume"]

xbmc.executebuiltin('SetVolume(%d,showVolumeBar)' % (chg_volume(vol, step)))

keyboard.xml:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <volume_up>RunScript("/path/to/chg_volume.py", "8")</volume_up>
      <volume_down>RunScript("/path/to/chg_volume.py", "-5")</volume_down>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
(2015-04-06, 02:37)FishOil Wrote: This makes a world of difference for the XBOX-ONE remote.

Thanks!
Tried using this with my xbox-one remote as well. Experiencing major latency though so had to revert back to default, running xbian on imx6. Any ideas for achieving the same effect without having to call an external python script?
Figured out a way to do this without the latency of a Python script, but it's Linux only -- sorry Windows users!

You need to install xbindkeys and xautomation, then place the following in your home directory and logout / reboot.

~/.xprofile
Code:
xbindkeys

~/.xbindkeysrc
Code:
"xte 'keyup XF86AudioRaiseVolume' 'str +++++++++'"
  XF86AudioRaiseVolume
"xte 'keyup XF86AudioLowerVolume' 'str ---------'"
  XF86AudioLowerVolume

The number of +s and -s controls the volume step, add more if you want it to go faster.
There's a new GUI setting for volume steps in the upcoming Kodi v17.
How can I change Volume control steps 10 to 1?
@Gábor

https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/A...trol_steps
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume step size setting0