Kodi beta 2 - Scan for new content in sources with multiple paths not working
Just noticed that nothing happens when trying to scan sources for new content if they contain multiple paths. I thought my media library had got borked, so I made a fresh reinstallation but to no avail...

Adding a source named for example TV with the path to one harddisk and folder with TV content, everything works fine. Adding another path to another disk and folder, scan for new content doesn't add anything new. Making a source with these two paths from the start, nothing at all is added when scanning. Doesn't matter which scraper is used. Selecting and checking out TV/Movie information for single folders/files manually works, and that is then added to the library.

Kodi 14.0-beta2 git:4df0ac9 compiled nov 9 2014 on a linux mint 17 system

debug log: http://pastebin.com/kt41ZXxg (Log file creation - going to video; files and selecting scan for new content, then logging out.)

Does this happen to anybody else?

Should this be filed as a bug on the bug tracker?
I wonder if this thread finally kicked in: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=190865
Hi,

I have Movies spread across 5 different disk volumes listed in one "Movies" source in XBMC 13.2

Does this mean I won't be able to access more than one volume in XBMC 14 or will I simply have to add each disk as a separate source?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
(2014-11-10, 08:27)booker88 Wrote: I wonder if this thread finally kicked in: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=190865

(Oh, that was a surprise, wasn't aware of that discussion...)

Possibly, but if so it's implemented in a bad/unfinished way, failing silently. All my sources are multipath, spread onto many external disks... though much of it are things that I don't care about adding to the library. TV shows are neat to have there, so I will go ahead and add those disks one by one and see where that gets me.

edit: Works fine, I guess... everything that the scraper recognizes is added.
Thanks for that link booker88, answered my query as I also had multiple paths as a source for TV shows that were no longer being scanned when new episodes were added. Updating the library still works.

Minor inconvenience to separate the two paths to separate sources again for current shows and rescrape the library, as I had exported my library and just used local scraper to repopulate. Thankfully most of my multiple path sources were for shows that are no longer broadcast.

Thank Christ I've kept all my movie sources separate as that would take more time and work. Piece of advice for others that are caught out, read the Kodi wiki on exporting library files, then you can set the scraper to local source to add everything back including artwork.
(2014-11-10, 08:27)booker88 Wrote: I wonder if this thread finally kicked in: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=190865

that is about the file view and not the library... i testes kodi beta 2 today and went beack to 13.2 because of the broken multipath support in library mode...
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
"Scan for new content" and "update library" are two different functions, technically. "Scan for new content" tries to apply to a specific selected item, which is normally a single folder. "Update library" should still work, though.
All my sources were multipath - single items named TV, Film, Sport, Anime, MMA etc., each with several paths to corresponding folders on harddisks connected to another computer in the network. It seemed natural and I didn't even think of another way of doing it. If I added some new TV-episodes on one or many of these disks, "scan for new content" on the "TV" source used to scan for all new episodes where ever they were and add them to the library. Also, many items are not recognized by any scraper, but previously I could still reach them via one main TV source which was very convenient.

Now, when the above didn't work, I have to add all disks as separate sources and then set the content for the different subfolders. Adding new content I have to remember which disk that new content were on and scan it. Looking for a TV episode that's not in the library I have to browse around on several disks searching for it manually instead of going to one single TV source. All this is a major downgrade and a bit frustrating, I have to admit. Is there a smarter way of doing it than my setup?
This is my sources.xml that I use with the latest Helix master:
Code:
<sources>
    <video>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
        <source>
            <name>My Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video/Comedy/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video/Documentaries/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video/MoviesSD/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video/MoviesHD/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video-Private/Comedy/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video-Private/Documentaries/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video-Private/MoviesSD/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video-Private/MoviesHD/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>My TV Shows</name>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video/TVShows/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video-Private/TVShows/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
</sources>

I've got one source for Movies (My Movies) that consists of several paths. And I've got one source for TV Shows (My TV Shows), that consists of several paths.

All is working as it should, both when scanning into the library, and navigating Files. For instance, when I navigate Files -> My Movies, I see the "multi-path" dialog briefly pop up as it traverses all the different paths.

Maybe there's some misunderstanding going on here, or there's just a problem when scanning across multiple *sources* rather than multiple paths within a single source?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Well, this is not working for me:

Code:
        <source>
            <name>Film</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/home/xbmc/Downloads/Film/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">sftp://name:[email protected]:22/home/johan/Downloads/Film/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">/media/Aaron/Storage/Film/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">/media/Bulle/Storage/Film/</path>
        </source>

and not working with only local folders either. Nothing is scanned and added to the library.
Kodi 14 beta3 git:6ba8072 21 Nov
Forgive me if I missed something, but have you tried using "update library" instead of "scan for new content"?
Nope, never ever used that command, and had to search around to find it. It did update the paths in my post above though, now when I tried it. Is there a logical explanation to why one command scrapes the files and one skips them?
RC1
Scan for new content in sources with multiple paths still not working
OK, i realized that my problem is different. I got a NAS with 14 HDDs and every HDD is set up as a single source. My library is shared via MySQL. I got TV Shows which are on different sources of my NAS. With Helix the Library shows me only one Source for each TV Show. After scanning another Source again this source is shown in the library and the first one disapears and vice versa.

The Scan for New Contend Option is only working in File View on each source. The "scan library for new content" is working normally.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi beta 2 - Scan for new content in sources with multiple paths not working0