Back in 1970
Sorry to bring up an old thread.

My rpi always starts up with the 1970 date (and stays there) when im at home on my own network.

Took it to work today to test something and when hooked up to that network its starts up with the correct date.

took it back home and back to 1970. If i go into system > openelec > network and chose my already configured timeserver to edit it and choses done (without editing anything) the clock and date immediately changes to the correct time........

I also tried setting waiting for network to 5 seconds but that does not make a difference.

What could be wrong here?

Regards
Jacob
(2016-01-08, 17:01)mylle Wrote: Sorry to bring up an old thread.

My rpi always starts up with the 1970 date (and stays there) when im at home on my own network.

Took it to work today to test something and when hooked up to that network its starts up with the correct date.

took it back home and back to 1970. If i go into system > openelec > network and chose my already configured timeserver to edit it and choses done (without editing anything) the clock and date immediately changes to the correct time........

I also tried setting waiting for network to 5 seconds but that does not make a difference.

What could be wrong here?

Regards
Jacob

If you give the pi a static IP at home does it then get the date/time?
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
With a static ip it works but why not with dhcp? What can i do?
(2014-11-10, 12:36)wrxtasy Wrote: Replace the Flux capacitor - it then requires 1.21 gigawatts of electrical power to get back to 2014 !!!!

Good luck!!

ahahahaahahahahah... you are a fuck*ng bast*rd inside Smile
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
Anyone with a solution?
I've found this on the Raspberry Pi forum (for OpenElec)

Add this to autostart.sh

Code:
#!/bin/sh
(sleep 30; \
    /usr/sbin/ntpdate pool.ntp.org; \
)&

The command to edit it is

Code:
nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Same here, one minute after openelec start I get the right date and time.
I also have tvheadend backend installed, this gets the right time immediately after power up.

http://sprunge.us/bYOE

journalctl http://sprunge.us/MIAb
(2016-01-10, 13:54)DanTheMan827 Wrote: I've found this on the Raspberry Pi forum (for OpenElec)

Add this to autostart.sh

Code:
#!/bin/sh
(sleep 30; \
    /usr/sbin/ntpdate pool.ntp.org; \
)&

The command to edit it is

Code:
nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh
I was hoping for a real fix instead of a hack.

This happens on both my raspberries and som amlogic boxes with openelec. Funny thing is that it seems network (router/firewall) dependant. Behind my PFsense router this happens, but not on 2 different networks i tried. one behind a Microsoft TMG firewall and one behind an Asus RT-68AC router.

/Jacob
Your dhcp server should be able to supply an ntp server address to the PI. I have an ntp service (chronyd) and dhcp service (dhcpd) running on my home server. I used the following config in dhcpd.conf to supply the ntp server address:

option time-servers 192.168.1.1;

Seems to work great with my PIs. I'm sure you should be able to do something similar with PFSense.
I think I've got an easy fix....my pi had the same issue and it almost drove me crazy! I changed the dns servers to my gateway address and used googles 8.8.8.8 address and rebooted. Voila! So far so good. Hope this helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back in 19700