Solved Black bars keep frozen text/UI parts
Bug 
I'm using version 13.2 on a Raspberry Pi B+ (with XBian, but I'm not sure it's relevant in this case).

Whenever I play movies with an aspect ratio that requires top/bottom black bars, the bar stop being solid black as soon as the player GUI is dismissed.
I'm not sure how to describe it, but the black bars behave as if they were accumulating whatever is drawn there, freezing it, with everything being painted on top of the previous stuff.

It starts as soon as the controls of the player get hidden: the part that was displayed on top of the black bars stays, while the area where the movie is playing behaves normally.
This is particularly annoying with subtitles, because the part of the subtitles that appears on top of the bottom black bar gets increasingly garbled as the subtitle text accumulates.

Here is an example of what it looks like when a movie is playing normally: you can see artifacts of the GUI in both black bars, plus a garbled accumulation of subtitles on the bottom one:
At this point the movie is playing just fine in the middle of the screen, only the top and bottom bars are affected.
(there is the debug text drawn over the movie on the top left, but that's not relevant, it goes away normally if debug is not enabled)

The black bars will actually reset to solid black if I move the mouse and open the GUI, but as soon as the GUI disappears the problem starts anew.

I am basically forced to always use "zoom mode" so the movie fills the whole screen.

I have searched everywhere using keywords such as "black bars bug", "frozen text", "gui artifacts", but I was surprised to find absolutely no relevant post anywhere.

I can post a sample debug log, but I have not found any relevant error message in there.

Thanks a lot of any clue that would help solve this issue!

PS: I was using an older XBMC version with my previous Raspberry Pi B, and I never experienced this problem... but I could not find anyone mentioning this problem with Pi B+, so I'm not sure it could be a bug in the B+?
Looks like you've got an invalid algorithmdirtyregions set. See:
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/632
Wow thanks so much, the github issue and wiki page were exactly what I was looking for. I can't believe I could not find them, but then I would never have guessed the magic keywords were "dirty regions" ;-)

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black bars keep frozen text/UI parts0