OS X Installation & Missing "userdata" folder
Hello,

I'm trying to install XBMC 13.2 "Gotham" on my Mac Mini (Late 2014 + Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10) and having the following "troubles":

- After having downloaded the dmg file (64 bits or 32 bits), i try to open it --> I would expect this to launch a typicall application install process that will "extract" the dmg and copy the software files on my Mac Hard Disk. Instead it starts immediately the XBMC application (kind of portable application behavior)

- Then, I can't find the "userdata" folder anywhere on my Mac HD ... I did search for "userdata", "advancedsettings.xml", ... but can't find any of these files...

I suspect opening the dmg execute XBMC as a "portable app" without installing anything locally on the Mac ... I need to modify the advancedsettings.xml in fact to connect XBMC to a MySQL DB...

Any help will be welcome to solve this issue

Thanks.
You need to drag the XBMC download to your applications folder. It's not a dmg file. The location of userdata is shown in this wiki guide. The "Library" folder is hidden on OSX but you can open it from the Finder by holding the Opt key and pullng down the "Go" menu. You will see Library listed as one of the destinations.

Here's a good beginners guide.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Also, advancedsettings (wiki) is a user created file. You can write it with TextEdit, but I really prefer TextWrangler on a Mac. Make sure you encode the file as utf-8.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
in OSX Finder > Top Menu > Go > Go to Folder and enter this path (copy and paste)

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help. I could manage to find the "userdata" folder thanks to your tips.

Very fast reacting community, I'm impressed Smile

Best Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installation & Missing "userdata" folder0