Choppy video after 30 min or so of playback...
Just upgraded to 14 thinking that might resolve the issue but it didnt. Doesnt seem to happen with standard videos. After 30 min or so of playback, video gets choppy. Any help is appreciated.

DEBUG
What are "standard videos"?

At what point does it become choppy?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-12, 07:04)nickr Wrote: What are "standard videos"?

At what point does it become choppy?

Standard definition. I havent noticed a specific point. Like I said, about a half hour into watching a video. Been using the same machine for years so I know its more than capable of HD contect (Zotac Zbox ID34BR)
Yeah, I see it in the logs. VDPAU starts decoding very, very slow. Too slow for parallel correct rendering, but then it seems that decoding dropping does not work correctly.

Please test with the next beta again. There was a patch included which changes dvdplayer's way of dropping late frames.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-11-12, 09:01)fritsch Wrote: Yeah, I see it in the logs. VDPAU starts decoding very, very slow. Too slow for parallel correct rendering, but then it seems that decoding dropping does not work correctly.

Please test with the next beta again. There was a patch included which changes dvdplayer's way of dropping late frames.

Also had the issue with 13. Is it a bug in the software or could it be hardware related you think?
Official v13 never had the above fix. If you want to try something fast, install the kodi version from this ppa: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/...nta-master
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-11-12, 11:31)fritsch Wrote: Official v13 never had the above fix. If you want to try something fast, install the kodi version from this ppa: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/...nta-master

Will give it a shot. Thanks.
so far so good. is the fix for whatever the issue I am havng going to be in the next version?
It's already in the betas (starting with the to be announced beta3)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy video after 30 min or so of playback...0