iPad iOS 8.1, XBMC 13.2-3. Issues w/ full screen video fast forward/rewind/skip
Hi. I am running XBMC 13.2-3 on a iPad. Everything runs great, but when I play full screen videos, I have to be very careful not to touch/swipe the screen or it will either fast forward/rewind by 1/5th of the video if I swipe upward/downward, or starts fast forwarding/rewinding if I swipe to the left or the right.

It is also very hard to use the built in iOS control center or notification bar, because it fast forwards the video by a huge amount if I swipe up from the screen or opposite if I swipe down. This seems very counter-intuitive in terms of practical usage on a iPad when viewing full screen videos, especially with tweaks that have multitasking abilities built into the control center. I understand that small screen devices such as iPhone, this would be useful as the buttons are small, but I think there should be an option to turn this feature on or off.

Maybe I am missing something or can't find the option. Is there a way to turn this feature off? This wasn't around or on by default when I was using 12.3 on the previous iOS version. Thanks for your time.
Yes you have to change your gesturemaps

copy this file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xbmc/x...screen.xml

to
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps

on your device and alter the "FullScreenVideo" section in that file to your needs. (or just delete that complete section if you don't want to have gestures in fullscreenvideo view)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-11-12, 11:25)Memphiz Wrote: Yes you have to change your gesturemaps

copy this file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xbmc/x...screen.xml

to
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps

on your device and alter the "FullScreenVideo" section in that file to your needs. (or just delete that complete section if you don't want to have gestures in fullscreenvideo view)

Thank you very much for your help.

Deleting the section didn't get rid of the gestures in full screen, however I was able to get rid of the gestures by replacing the "StepForward"/"StepBack" with "IncreaseRating" since it is not used.
Ahh sorry i was confused myself. Deleting that section results in the default beeing used. You need to use "noop" for the actions in the fullscreenvideo section. "noop" stands for "no operation". This way you can disable the gestures in full screen video.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad iOS 8.1, XBMC 13.2-3. Issues w/ full screen video fast forward/rewind/skip0