Win Help with XBMC Launcher and uTorrent
Question 
Hi guys,

Just installed XBMC and the XBMC launcher on a newly built PC running Windows 8. The launcher is making Windows launch straight into XBMC as the shell which is great, but I cannot get uTorrent to launch at the same time, which I want running in the background.

uTorrent is currently set to launch when windows starts but doesn't appear to be launching until I exit XBMC and load into Explorer.

Does anyone have any tips on what I might need to change to sort this?

Cheers

Jay
You should add uTorrent to one of the external apps group in the launcher and set it to start with the launcher.
That did the trick! Thanks a lot baijuxavior!
Hmm it is now loading perfectly on boot but sometimes is loading the uTorrent window over the top of XBMC, I have made sure XBMC focus is set and have edited the uTorrent shortcut so that it should in theory load minimized.

Cab anyone think of any further tricks for me to try?
Check if you have enabled the option 'First group apps prevent xbmc focus' and disable it. This may be the reason uTorrent appears above xbmc window. There is an option to hide uTorrent on startup (add /HIDE at the end of filename or shortcut. It is usually MINIMIZE which won't work as intended sometimes). But for this you need to edit the xbmclauncher script. The ahk command is

Run, C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe HIDE

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with XBMC Launcher and uTorrent0