Documentation for service.library.data.provider?
Is there documentation somewhere for service.library.data.provider besides the readme file? I'm looking at using this instead of skin widgets for my Helix Confluence mods, but I haven't been able to find enough documentation to figure out if it does what I need, which is:

1- random movies, tv shows, and albums on the relevant parts of the home screen
2- unwatched recent movies, tv shows on the relevant portions of the home screen
3- play items from the home screen (broken in skin widgets in Helix, which is why I'm looking at replacing it)

I also have a skin setting to pick between random and unwatched recent for each type (movie, tv show, album).

Assuming service.library.data.provider does all this (and I think it does), the thing I really need the documentation for is to figure out the right window properties and if I have to do anything special to trigger updates to the information on library updates.

Mahalo.
Yup, it does random movies, tv shows and albums - set the type= to randommovies, randomepisodes, randomalbums (and set the reload= to the same-named window property). The unwatched recent would be recentmovies, etc.

Playing albums may currently be broken with the library data provider, but a fix is (I believe) pending for Kodi - and as a workaround (for either this or skin widgets) you can add an extra extension point into the addon.xml

Code:
<extension point="xbmc.python.library" library="default.py"/>

There are no window properties for the library data provider, other than the one used to trick Kodi into reloading the list when necessary. Just put the script straight into the <content/> tag, and it'll fill the list. So, for random movies...

Code:
<content>plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies&reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randommovies)]</content>

No need to worry about reloading the lists when the library is updated, etc - that's what the reload parameter does Smile
OK, now I think I get it. Instead of the script loading everything into window properties and then me hand building the content block, the plugin automagically does the content block for me. I can wait for a fix for playing albums, but thanks for the heads up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Documentation for service.library.data.provider?0