Upgraded to Kodi Beta and Have audio issues
Ok I will try that but I think mkvmerge will only handle mkv files and most of my movies are m4v, only my dolby true hd files are mkv. Thanks again for all the help.
Sorry I forgot you were using m4v.

Is there a reason you wouldn't convert to mkv? mkvmerge should take an m4v as an input and create an mkv as output. But perhaps you want your m4v's for other devices?

Bummer is all your filenames will be changed which means a re-scrape.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I was wrong mkvmerge will process m4v files and convert them into mkv, and it does work to properly set the hd track as default. The weird thing is the option I have to change says Default Track Flag:, with 3 options default, yes, or no. Both the standard and the hd audio track are set to default, but setting the HD track to Default track flag= yes and reprocessing the file did fix the issue. The only downside is each file takes about 10 minutes to process, so 10 minutes times 700 movies and several hundred tv episodes is about 200 hours of time. But atleast I know what the issue is and I know how to fix it, but I think for now my best bet would probably be to go back to gotham until such time as there is an option that allows kodi to bypass the default flag. I guess the part I dont understand is if both tracks are set to default wouldnt the logic fall back on playing the track with the most channels. It wasnt that the 2 channel track was set to default and the hd wasnt, they were both set exactly the same. And I have checked a number of my files and they all seem to be the same. In any case consider the issue solved, Thanks again for all the assistance, I have learned quite a bit through this process and that is never a bad thing. Love the software guys keep up the good work.
I have my entire library on a 2nd gen drobo, and I share that library inside of itunes with 2 other 3rd gen apple tvs, and the apple tvs cant read the mkv files only the m4vs. But that wasnt the reason I went with m4v it was just the format that I started using before I knew better I guess, I actually like the mkvs because the chapter skip works inside of xbmc but not with the m4v files. The only other benefit is that I usually spot check the files on my pc before I copy them to my drobo just to make sure that I copied the right track, with the right language and signage, and I cant do that with the mkv files unless i first put them inside xbmc because they wont play on the media player on the pc. I will eventually get rid of the apple tvs and get something to replace it that will run xbmc but that is down the road.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to Kodi Beta and Have audio issues0