Upgraded to Kodi Beta and Have audio issues
One more piece of info here if this helps at all. When I start up Kodi I am still getting the XBMC Splashscreen as the program loads but then after the skin is up it displays the kodi logo in the upper left corner. Has the splashscreen just not been updated yet or did i not install the kodi beta correctly (which could be the cause of my audio issues altogether) Also under system info it shows my version as Kodi 14.0-BETA 3 GIT:88a9a44 (compiled Nov 16 2014). This is after I ran sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get install kodi today 11/17, and I only did that because I was receiving a message saying there was a new beta version out and hoped that upgrading would work out the audio kink I am having. But I havent seen info on beta 1, 2, and 3 on the homepage so now I am thinking I screwed something up during the upgrade to kodi and that I still have some of the old XBMC install running around in there causing problems. Please let me know if all that sounds correct or if it seems like I have some install issues. Thanks.
Well I cant seem to find a solution to this problem, so is there an easy way for me to downgrade back xbmc gotham 13.2 to see if that fixes the issue? Or to go backwards do I have to do fresh install? Thanks for the help.
Yes beta 2 and 3 appear to have been released but there hasn't been an announcement on the home page.

Is it really worth the effort downgrading when you simply need to press one button on your remote to switch audio tracks?

Also I am not sure if it is easy to switch back as all your .xbmc directories should have been switched to .kodi. Downgrading is a little mess AFAIK.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
We don't announce each beta anymore because its just to much spam Wink (at least if i remember correct).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have a control 4 system that controls my xbmc setup as well as all my other av gear and there isnt a button on my remote that will allow me to change the audio track.. I can bring up the menu while the movie is playing but when i try to scroll left or right to select the correct audio menu it fast forwards the movie. The buttons on my remote default to fast forward or rewind even when the movie menu is up so I actually have to use a keyboard in order to select the right track. If I could do it from the remote I would definitely be ok with that, but I am not sure if there is a way to make that happen without doing some programming that is above my head. Thanks for the info on the betas, im not trying to be a pain with all the questions and I definitely appreciate all the help. Thanks again.
If you can map a button to send the letter L it would work (L for "language" I think, although the next track may or may not be in another language).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I am limited to the commands inside the XBMC Control 4 Driver, and it doesnt contain any keyboard commands. I will have to see if there is another driver available that might contain a larger command set. Thanks for the help.
Where can I find the documentation for that?
Im not sure I Downloaded the driver off a link from this forum. Here is the link for the eden driver and the frodo driver. https://github.com/RDX/Drivers/tree/master/XBMC-JSON I am familiar with control 4 programming but I have no idea how to edit drivers or create them from scratch. There are other paid drivers out there but most are only sold to control 4 dealers and not to individuals. The frodo driver is the one I am currently using and it has worked great for gotham and for kodi it just doesnt have all the functions that the keyboard does of course. But this is the first time I have really needed something that the remote couldnt do. https://github.com/RDX/Drivers/blob/mast...-FRODO.c4i This second link is the documentation for the driver itself, atleast as far as I can tell.
Looks like pound and star are completely unused and could be used for next audio track.
I noticed the same thing when I installed Kodi beta. Having the stereo audio on track 1 and the DD 5.1 mix on track 2 is the default for iTunes mp4 purchases too, so now all my DRM-stripped files default to the stereo option when I play them in Kodi while XBMC would play the DD mix automatically. Is there a reason this changed?
Well atleast someone else is having the same issue. The weird thing is that under info for the movie it says dolby 5.1 or dts hd or dolbly true hd, So all the movies are correctly identified as having a 5.1 soundtrack it is just not playing them by default.
I'd like to add a couple of thoughts here.

I have muxed many movies in Handbrake and MakeMKV and I have never ended up with any tracks that I did not set the programs to create. In Handbrake, I use the passthrough options for the codec setting which is just to the right of the Source dropdown on the Audio tab. When I open Handbrake, it does default to the AAC codec until I change it or select one of my presets.

Also, in mkvmerge, you can remove the AAC track (or any other) if you don't want it as there is no reason to have tracks that you aren't using. That just increases the file size and wastes drive space. If you want to keep multiple tracks in a file, you can set which track is the default under the General track options tab in mkvmerge.

I realize that the desired tracks used to play, but I think proper preparation of the movies will go along way to avoiding issues.

I hope this helps somewhat.
When I process files, I definitely don't create any undesirable tracks, but you do get the two tracks if you use the Handbrake presets for Apple products though, and that is also how iTunes sells them. The stereo track plays if you are watching on a portable device and the 5.1 plays on a device that supports it. XBMC/Kodi used to mimic that behaviour as well. Running MKVmerge on all the episodes and movies I have like this will be a pain.

Just wondering if it was intentional, in which case it is not a bug and we have to deal with it, or if someone just didn't think about it and changed something without realizing the effect, in which case it is a bug and should be reported. I don't want to spend a few days re-processing files if it is something that will go back with the next beta/RC.
Why not just prerss the button on your remote that moves to the next audio track and report it as a bug? No need to spend time reprocessing files when a simple button press fixes it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to Kodi Beta and Have audio issues0