Big shakeups in thetvdb and themoviedb
This week, I migrated from a Windows XP Pro based XBMC install to OpenELEC. Love the 25 second boot time. Big Grin I first tried with a 64gb flash drive, but the scrape for ~3300 movies took over twelve hours, and I've got ~15000 tv shows, so no... Tongue

Since the XP disk was still in the case during the test of OpenELEC, I swapped out that 1TB WD Black for a 36GB Raptor, and installed OpenELEC to that little guy instead of the flash drive. Scrapes finished in minutes. Okay, a couple hours, but still. Since I hadn't pulled the actual data from the other install with what files have and have not been watched, I spent some time marking as watched from memory. It's maybe a dozen tv shows, no big deal.

Upon first run of Missing Movie Scanner, I noticed 53 missing tv eps, and 25 missing movies. For tv, I know that Die Alpen von oben won't scrape. It never has. Although I just had an idea to switch the folder name to The Alps from Above and rescrape. We'll see. IT WORKED!!! Back to the story: but there were some odd entries in the missing list. Mythbusters, The Kids in the Hall, Ren and Stimpy, and so on. Stuff was missing today that had properly scraped before this week and the subsequent hardware change, plus had never appeared as missing. As I started to check, episodes were just "gone" from thetvdb. Almost all of the missing were specials.

As for movies, the release years had been changed on every single one. Paranormal Activity is now 2009. Dream Theater: Metropolis changed. Shallow Ground, Nature's Grave, Nirvana: Live at the Paramount, Gimme Shelter, Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones, all had release year changes. Very odd, and concerning for me with the hardware change. I thought something was up with the install.

I take a lot of pride in audio tagging and a proper database for tv/movies. So to have this many issues made me a bit upset. Cool
When moving your installation or version upgrading export/import sometimes helps. I find that exporting the library to separate files, then an internal scrape of the .nfo is pretty quick.

I have noticed the release dates move around as corrections are made to the meta-data online, most of these are volunteer user maintained. But to say 'As for movies, the release years had been changed on every single one.' I have not seen that, of course I scrape new additions regularly and haven't gone back for a full scrape in years.
As said above why didn't you export your library beforehand if it's so important?

Also adding <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate> to your advancedsettings.xml would have restored your watched states as well.
IMDB and themoviedb often have different movie release dates. its the difference between first release in an obscure film festival and major theatre release.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Big shakeups in thetvdb and themoviedb0