OS X Kodi looks terrible
Hello all.
Having issues with Kodi on my Mac Mini (Core i5, 16gb RAM). When I watch anything on it now it looks soft and washed out, especially standard definition. 1080p and 720p sources also look terrible. I thought it might be a hardware issue but when I watch the same videos using Plex Home Theater the look pristine. What am I do wrong folks. Any suggestions?

Pete
Try to change the scaling method in the video osd - there is no known issue in that regard.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
What scaling method would you recommend Memphiz?
No clue - i have no problem with "bi-linear"
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Maybe you should post a photo of how it looks on your setup. Might be something completely screwed i can't think of atm?
I have noticed if I switch on de-interlacing that the picture gets soft and loses definition...am totally confused now...I thought this would improve the picture. Saying that I was watching a standard definition file.
(2014-11-17, 17:23)Crossmax Wrote: I have noticed if I switch on de-interlacing that the picture gets soft and loses definition...am totally confused now...I thought this would improve the picture. Saying that I was watching a standard definition file.

deinterlacing a video that wasn't interlaced will degrade quality.
In general you should never set deinterlace to on. Set it to auto and it should only be used when needed(*).

(*) There do exist buggy files that incorrectly signal if they are interlaced where you may have to force deinterlace on,
but that should just be used for specific file, not as a default setting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi looks terrible0