Adding padding to cropped DVD video for UPNP
Hi, my first post here. Love Kodi !Laugh

I originally used Handbrake to extract DVD video (720x576). Stupidly I cropped the black padding off (letterbox format) and I wish I hadn't as now my UPNP/DLNA client player (Sagemcom pvr box) stretches out the video so the aspect ratio is lost ... objects appear distorted; vertically stretched.

I've googled and searched the forum and wiki. I'm using Gotham Rising release.

Is there a way I can add padding to the UPNP video stream so my buggy/basic player gives the correct aspect ? Thanks in advance.
It is probably a matter of setting the aspect ratio in the file. Cropping black bars is the correct way to rip.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-13, 20:17)nickr Wrote: It is probably a matter of setting the aspect ratio in the file. Cropping black bars is the correct way to rip.

Right, thanks. You mean this is what the DLNA player is looking for ?
Yes, what format are the files? Avi? Mkv?

For avi http://mpeg4-modifier.software.informer.com/

Mkv, use the header modifier in mkvmerge.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding padding to cropped DVD video for UPNP0