Paid live TV on Fire TV?
I'm not seeing any option for live popular US channels on Fire TV running Kodi. Is there any?

I'm only wanting information on legal (paid subscription) options. Something that has more than the ~10 main channels that I can get via OTA. And has well known channels.

This is what I found:
USTVnow is for overseas people only.
NimbleTV has no Kodi add on.
Time Warner Cable has no Kodi add on. I found a thread saying they use silverlight which makes it hard.
Verizon FIOS has no Kodi add on.
DirecTV has no Kodi add on.
DISH has no Kodi add on.
AT&T Uverse has no Kodi add on.
Comcast Xfinity has no Kodi add on.

I hope there is some other option that I haven't found. Without an addon can I somehow still access the paid stream for any of these?
If you have the laid signal via satellite or cable available, then you can surely play them in xbmc via PVR.
Im Sure u can sidelode the Android Applications, they may need a keyboard/mouse to work though
It's slim pickings unless you want to do something like your own PVR backend using cable card and a cable provider who doesn't flag most channels as "copy once" (I think it's 'copy once'? maybe?).

However, since you have a Fire TV, you can just sideload the official Android clients right on there and launch them from XBMC/Kodi. Being able to do this for services that don't have actual XBMC add-ons is probably the single greatest thing about Android right now.
Oh about the Android clients! Thanks!

(I don't want to use an actual coax feed, but the ones that give access to an internet stream.)
Wow! I forgot all about the android app for BrightHouse. Sweet, time to return a cable box.
Another option is to get a HDHomeRun from SiliconDust network attached tv tuner.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HDHomeRun

Its a headless box can replace your existing cable or satellite box, and it streams the received television signal over your local network to XBMC.

Downside is that you still need to keep your cable/satellite pay-TV subscription.
(2014-11-17, 11:51)Hedda Wrote: Another option is to get a HDHomeRun from SiliconDust network attached tv tuner.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HDHomeRun

Its a headless box can replace your existing cable or satellite box, and it streams the received television signal over your local network to XBMC.

Downside is that you still need to keep your cable/satellite pay-TV subscription.
I have been using one now for 3 years (previously with Verizon which was awesome), but with Brighthouse (Time Warner) you are very restricted. They are copy once so you can only watch recorded shows on the PC recorded on and they use Switched Digital Video so you have to connect a box just as big as a cable box to it to use it. The app is perfect for a tv that is seldom used.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paid live TV on Fire TV?0