WIP Sickbeard for music
This is not a stand alone app, but is a part of my larger project.

I forked HTPC-Manager a year ago because I needed a better music downloader/manager. I got so distracted with beefing up the main part of the app that I have just recently started working on the music functions.

I got the basics of the album artist and album xbmc db views working:

Album artists:

Albums:

Lets you see into the db, but not really a surpise how poorly the built in scrapers do.

The artist search:

Find the one your're looking for:

And the the similar artists:

And finally the discography:

Interesting project. Good luck with the development, I'll be sure to try it out.
Looks cool. I installed it yesterday after playing around with finding the dependencies. Any instructions on how to use it? Can I just point it to a directory, like the xbmc headphones app, or do I need to have xbmc installed on that pc and have it reading directly from it's database? I liked the general concept of how headphones works, however it never really worked well on my standalone fileserver. It would be really nice to point a program to ones collection and have it go crazy grabbing all the extra meta data that typically is not found in the id3 tags, such as nfo files, artist artwork, and fan artwork.
(2014-11-15, 01:48)hiphutch Wrote: Looks cool. I installed it yesterday after playing around with finding the dependencies. Any instructions on how to use it? Can I just point it to a directory, like the xbmc headphones app, or do I need to have xbmc installed on that pc and have it reading directly from it's database? I liked the general concept of how headphones works, however it never really worked well on my standalone fileserver. It would be really nice to point a program to ones collection and have it go crazy grabbing all the extra meta data that typically is not found in the id3 tags, such as nfo files, artist artwork, and fan artwork.

Don't expect to use this yet. The app is alpha, but the music stuff if way pre-alpha.

I'll post shortly todays progress.

I'll also push the latest. It's in the dev branch.

Ok, I think I have the artist scraping figured out, for now. Got respectable genre, style, and mood data.

That's about it for the artist scaper for now,

I need to bring the album metadata up to this level.

[quote='hiphutch' pid='1836814' dateline='1416008926']
Looks cool. I installed it yesterday after playing around with finding the dependencies. Any instructions on how to use it? Can I just point it to a directory, like the xbmc headphones app, or do I need to have xbmc installed on that pc and have it reading directly from it's database? I liked the general concept of how headphones works, however it never really worked well on my standalone fileserver. It would be really nice to point a program to ones collection and have it go crazy grabbing all the extra meta data that typically is not found in the id3 tags, such as nfo files, artist artwork, and fan artwork.
[/q]

This needs a better reply than I originally gave.

The wiki is in my sig, but needs lots of help. Atm this is a one man show, and time I spend documenting is time I can't develop.

You can read the xbmc sqlite db locally or over an NFS share. I don't know if/when smb shares will be supported. I'll get to mysql support one day.

I know "go crazy" is a figure of speech, but if I learned anything from headphones it's not to twerk the servers.

The end objective is to import an entire collection, but I want to do it without getting my app blocked, like headphones.

This app will be artist/album centric. Also, music will have to be properly tagged.

I have put together album scraping.

The search allows searching by album+artist:

I don't know if this helps relevance, but it doesn't seem to hurt.

Getting decent metadata for the popular albums:

And finally a track list:

The track artist is scraped, I just haven't dug it out. I absolutely despise xml. It will probably be important for the "various artists" albums. The missing track mbid is not important. I can get this directly from the tagged tracks when I import them. The same may be true of the track artist, but I don't remember for sure.

Now I have to spend some time cleaning code, setting error traps and a few other things.

Nice. :-)
I haven't made a lot of progress in the last couple weeks because of the US holiday and I got sick.

I got caught up some today and got to this point in the artist scaping:

I figured it was finally time to do the add artist function and then I got my TADB api key. I didn't figure it would be any kind of show stopper, but when I did my first test probe of the api I found out differently. There were only a few arts to be added, but there were 5 new bios for this artist. The *really* big deal is that there were 4 'other than english' bios.

Also, I notice they have a different discography list than I got from mbz. Have to look into that.

So, I still have scraper work to do.

Cool, let me know if you have any suggestions for the TADB api.

The discography only shows the studio albums for the artist which may explain the difference with MusicBrainz
Wow, just wow.

They must have had magic elves working at tadb. It seemed like there were translations added by the minute. What was 5 yesterday is 15 now:

Now the OCD engineer in me has to match the language support in the genres, styles and moods.

A flat file data structure is not gonna work, and my app doesn't ship with a db, so along with creating the db and tables at first start, I have to populate these tables.

1 step forward and 2 back.

Being sick over the holidays, yuck!

The new release looks cool. I'll have to play around with it. Thanks for all your hard work!
Still feel like shit, but I think I roughed in language support for the descriptions, genres, styles and moods.

Russian for EC:

Japanese:

Sometimes tadb doesn't support the preferred translation. PyTunes still does a best shot at the genres, styles and moods:

Nice progress Smile
(2014-12-07, 00:56)hellow Wrote: Nice progress Smile

TYVM bro.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sickbeard for music1