Should I be using SBMC on my Amazon Fire TV?
I've been posting recently about a few problems I've been having trying to get "live tv" with a server.wmc and pvr.wmc on my Fire TV. Someone mentioned to me that he was using SBMC. I remember when I first got my Fire TV that people were using it to solve certain problems. I've read the Fire TV XBMC Wiki and it said I should use Gotham 13.2 which is what I used.

Should I be using SBMC? If so why?

Thanks,

Roveer
SPMC is maintained by one of the XBMC/Kodi Team members (Koying). SPMC is Gotham but with some additional fixes for Android, which will most will be merged into Helix.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2014-11-14, 05:50)Tinwarble Wrote: SPMC is maintained by one of the XBMC/Kodi Team members (Koying). SPMC is Gotham but with some additional fixes for Android, which will most will be merged into Helix.

That's Interesting. Maybe there are good reasons to consider this for Fire TV. Does anyone know if XBMC and SBMC can be installed side-by-side on a Fire TV? Will they be independent installs or will they share anything. Specifically thinking about configuration files. Would prefer if they were totally independent. I'll do some searching on SBMC and see if there are any threads that might provide additional information.

Roveer
Yes they are independent installs. It's SPMC not SBMC. I also do recommend SPMC i use it in my tronsmart vega s89

http://spmc.semperpax.com/
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-11-14, 23:00)Veronica Wrote: Yes they are independent installs. It's SPMC not SBMC. I also do recommend SPMC i use it in my tronsmart vega s89

http://spmc.semperpax.com/

I'm going to give it a try and see if it acts any differently on a few issues. Thanks for setting me straight on the SPMC. I appreciate all of the authors who contribute to this system and want to give credit where credit is due. Thanks guys.

Roveer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Should I be using SBMC on my Amazon Fire TV?0