SMB issue after changing IP address SMB-server
I'm using a Windows HomeServer as storage for my XBMC (Kodi) devices.
All devices are using the same (shared) MySQL database. (Connects via ip-address)
The sources are connected with: smb:\\server\share\
This setup worked for years.

I now have to change the IP-address of the WHS server, and can't get my ATV2 to work like it used to.
Problem seems to been some kind of SMB caching like in DNS or WINS resolving ??
Other devices, PC, laptop, don't have this problem, and work perfect after switching the server ip.

From my ATV2 i cannot connect to the smb:\\server\share\ anymore.
When i change that to smb:\\192.168.2.xx in sources.xml, i can connect to the shares, BUT: i still can't play videos from my library Sad
In the database all entrys are also with smb:\\server\share\

When i change the ip-address on the WHS server back to the old one, everything works perfect again.
How can i get the smb:\\server\share refreshed so it wil pick up the new ip-address ?
I don't want to recreate my library..
1. You need to solve the problem that you can't play anything. There are some hints in our wiki with windows smb servers (something in the registry). It doesn't make any sense that it doesn't work just by because of changing the ip. Windows might be doing something else in addition.
2. After you got it working you can export your library to xml - change all ips in the xml with a text editor (search&replace) and import it back.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Reason for SMB not working still nof found.
Changed everything to IP-address, and updated the database directly with some SQL-querys.
Libary export to XML was perhaps a much easier solution.
Saw that tip a bit to late Sad
Thanks anyway..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB issue after changing IP address SMB-server0