• 14(current)
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix
Can anyone edit it to have the album name, artist, genre during the wall view in the file - music mode, like in music - album or music-artist view.
(2014-12-15, 13:44)Troglodyte Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 13:28)zanzida Wrote:
(2014-12-13, 22:49)Troglodyte Wrote: I second that. I'm running Openelec 4.97.2 with Aeon MQ 5 Helix Mod 6.1.0. Anything later than that and I get the message that some files are missing.
Otherwise, thanks for porting this great skin to Helix.

I fixed this issue by modifying addon.xml in skin.aeonmq5.helixmod.zip (ver 6.1.3)
Replace the line <addon id="skin.aeonmq5" version="6.1.3" name="Aeon MQ 5 Helix" provider-name="MarcosQui">
to <addon id="skin.aeonmq5.helixmod" version="6.1.3" name="Aeon MQ 5 Helix" provider-name="MarcosQui">

Hope this helps.

Thanks! Will try it right away.

Works perfect now! Thanks a bunch.
One thing, though I'm not sure it is skin related, clicking "New Smart Playlist" is completely unresponsive.
Any idea what could be the issue?
Thanks again for the great work.
Good evening.

Need some help by configuring the menu:

I didn't need all that stuff, which was displayed in the movie submenu. I tried it via configuring by the settings dialog, but didn't get the point with "replace of copy submenu". So I looked into userdata/guisettings.xml.

Original movie submenu:
Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0101.master">movierecently</setting>                                                                                                    
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0101.action">ActivateWindow(videos,recentlyaddedmovies,return)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0102.master">moviesets</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0102.action">ActivateWindow(videos,moviesets,return)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0103.master">moviegenres</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0103.action">ActivateWindow(videos,moviegenres,return)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0104.master">movieyears</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0104.action">ActivateWindow(videos,movieyears,return)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0105.master">movieactors</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0105.action">ActivateWindow(videos,movieactors,return)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0106.master">moviedirectors</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0106.action">ActivateWindow(videos,moviedirectors,return)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0107.master">moviestudios</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0107.action">ActivateWindow(videos,moviestudios,return)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0108.master">moviecountries</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0108.action">ActivateWindow(videos,moviecountries,return)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0109.master">movietags</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0109.action">ActivateWindow(videos,movietags,return)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0110.master">videocleanlibrary</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0110.action">CleanLibrary(video)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0111.master">videoupdatelibrary</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0111.action">UpdateLibrary(video)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0112.master">videofiles</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0112.action">ActivateWindow(videos,files)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0113.master">globalsearch</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0113.action">RunScript(script.globalsearch)</setting>

My new movie submenu:
Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0101.master">videofiles</setting>                                                                                                                            
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0101.action">ActivateWindow(videos,files)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0102.master">settingsaddonsvideo</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0102.action">ActivateWindow(video,addons,return)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0103.master">videocleanlibrary</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0103.action">CleanLibrary(video)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0104.master">videoupdatelibrary</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0104.action">UpdateLibrary(video)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0105.master">globalsearch</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu0105.action">RunScript(script.globalsearch)</setting>

It works great - except of one thing:

The submenu still shows the former names (in German) of the state before the change. Or in detail:

1. submenu point:
Displayed Name: recently added movies
New Function: video files

2. submenu point
Displayed Name: movie sets
New function: Video addons

How do I get the right names on the modified submenu points? Is the translation of the names fixed to the position instead of the English name?
Just go into the ‘customize main menu’ screen and change the names through the skin it's self.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Thanks a lot. You pushed me on the right way.

In the customize the main menu I didn't figure out, how to customize the sub menus. The I pressed in the left button and found the dialog to adjust the submenus. With that enlightenment my problems are gone.
(2014-12-15, 13:28)zanzida Wrote:
(2014-12-13, 22:49)Troglodyte Wrote:
(2014-12-13, 11:29)dw2014 Wrote: When I try and install on RC3 I get the do you want to switch you skin prompt -- if I choose yes then it says error the skin is missing some files. If i choose no then the skin does not appear under available skins to choose from.

Code:
22:21:34 T:184   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in skin.aeonmq5 has been uninstalled.'
22:21:34 T:184   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in skin.aeonmq5 has been installed.'
22:21:34 T:184   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Not all directories were successfully scanned.'
22:21:34 T:2300   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogYesNo.xml) ------
22:21:34 T:2300    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogYesNo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
22:21:34 T:2300   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
22:21:34 T:2300   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
22:21:37 T:2300   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1d, sym: 0x0131, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x80
22:21:37 T:2300   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: ctrl-rightctrl (0x1f0d1) pressed, action is
22:21:38 T:2300   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Pointer.xml) ------
22:21:39 T:2300   DEBUG: CApplication::ProcessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
22:21:39 T:2300   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
22:21:39 T:2300   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogYesNo.xml) ------
22:21:39 T:184   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Not all directories were successfully scanned.'
22:21:39 T:2300   ERROR: failed to load requested skin 'skin.aeonmq5'
22:21:39 T:2300    INFO: Unloading old skin ...
22:21:39 T:2300   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit () ------
22:21:39 T:2300   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (AddonBrowser.xml) ------
22:21:39 T:2300   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------

I second that. I'm running Openelec 4.97.2 with Aeon MQ 5 Helix Mod 6.1.0. Anything later than that and I get the message that some files are missing.
Otherwise, thanks for porting this great skin to Helix.

I fixed this issue by modifying addon.xml in skin.aeonmq5.helixmod.zip (ver 6.1.3)
Replace the line <addon id="skin.aeonmq5" version="6.1.3" name="Aeon MQ 5 Helix" provider-name="MarcosQui">
to <addon id="skin.aeonmq5.helixmod" version="6.1.3" name="Aeon MQ 5 Helix" provider-name="MarcosQui">

Hope this helps.

I changed that line, and now all i get is "install failed"
Could you upload your XML somewhere better then Uploaded, worst file site ever, do Firedrive or zippyshare even google has better storage than this.

Thanks
He's going to be hard pressed to upload it to Firedrive seeings as its been dead for months.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Point out errors in the information of the film, some screen ..

Even in music and games section point out errors

You can put the logo and the date in the games ??

mq 6 before christmas ?
(2014-12-21, 22:29)R3N3 Wrote: mq 6 before christmas ?

No idea how MQ is doing on MQ6 (we all await what he might have in store for us).

Meanwhile, new ver 6.1.4 is now available (link in first post of thread). I think this includes everything I wanted to get into the skin to make it "helix compatible" and now will go back through the thread and look for bug fixes. This new ver has all the EPG views and also views for tv - recordings window (for this I pretty much just use the vies as they exist in MQ 5 so might need some tweaking ideas on what data needs to be shown in the various views).

Here are a couple pictures to show the new functions:

TV channels view -- you can sort from the top menu

In the EPG window (currently EPG:Next is shown here) go to top menu

and then up to change view (you have to click to cycle views - Kodi bug I think)

To enable/disable views go up again

Same idea for the tv recordings window (this is panel view)

Top menu, then up to change view (this one works like in other windows with the arrows)

I tried to make kiosk / smart kiosk modes work logically, but I never use those so if someone needs different behavior post to the thread.

I needed some new labels and tried to make sure every translation at least show the default English variant so if you use a language and are missing a label (or suggest a native spelling) shoot a post here .

Merry Christmas

scott s.
is there any way to suspend kodi when the roms are launching with RCB,this issue just happen with some skins and aeon mq5 is one of them ,sorry for my bad english
here is a screenshot explains what i mean
see in the terminal window that kodi doesn't suspend and use a lot of cpu ,please help me if you could because this is the only problem i have with this great skin,.
Point out some errors I found
In the aeonmq5 skin settings
The spinning cdart is to high.

The images are to big it overlaps in the Restore Settings. this also happens in the Themes

and I used this Code snippet from here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208339 to add the Movie Count and watched count to the main menu. Hope this gets added Wink
Can someone help me, every time I try to install the skin I get "skin is missing some files". I'm using the final version of Kodi and the latest version of the mod.
buda81, unzip file firstly, have another zip file inside.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix6