Change of "This file is no longer available" possible?
Hi,

when a movie is not available anymore, Kodi shows (at least in Confluence) the DialogYesNo.xml and asks if the file should be removed from library. In my case, a "missing" movie is just not available, as the external harddrive is not connected. As i dont want my kids to delete Items, i'd prefer to change the upcoming dialog to "Please attach the external drive" or something like this.

Is this possible? If so, where can i change what kind of window is called when a file is not available? I dont want to change the strings, as the "Yes" "No" dialog would remain.
You could do a StringCompare(info,string) in DialogYesNo.xml to hide the 'Yes' button if that specific message shows up. This should stop your kids from messing with your library.

It is quite odd though that you've scanned an external hard drive, which isn't connected at all times. Kodi is designed in a way that it expects content to be always available, so in the long run it'd probably be better moving your collection to an internal drive or a NAS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change of "This file is no longer available" possible?0